Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

is this a bug?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by Diablordk, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Diablordk

Diablordk Diabloii.Net Member

is this a bug?

So i noticed something during gameplay video #9 of the demon hunter.
    When she uses the skill Chakram the projectile doesn't actually stay on the level it has been shot at.
    Meaning, it looks like the projectile doesn't "know" what "level" or "floor" it is on when being shot across multiple heights.
    An example can be seen here.
    As you can see as soon as the projectile flies over the archway it "shoots" momentarily down to the level/area below the archway, only to come back up after a few milli seconds to continue on it's way.

My concern here is that it could potentialy mean it will "skip" enemies it might otherwise have hit.

Now to me this seems like a bug in the way the engine handles the projectile height but the strange thing is I can't seems to find a mention of this anywhere in the beta bug forums.

By now lots and lots of people must have seen this (and other) video's where this ocurance can be seen but yet i have not heard one person talk about this.

So, am i wrong, is this not a bug?

If however someone with access to the beta forums happens to agree with me please post it there and see what the blue's think (if they answer).

Thank you

2. evolutionxtinct

evolutionxtinct Diabloii.Net Member

Re: is this a bug?

Another example of shotty QA work by our awesome company Blizzard, the company that makes BILLIONS off its titles somehow Activision can't allow Blizzard to hire QA techs @ 8 bucks an hour for a summer of work..... You know QA testers for game company's get paid crap.... Its not like there high end employees so getting a bunch of testers to sign a NDA and do 8-12 hour 4 day shifts...

So sadly it goes to show the merger has really taken a toll on Blizzard now Mother Activision has its claws in to everything....

Now lets do a comparison TorchLight 2 on a limited dev schedule budget, with limited techs, compared to D3 with Millions of dollars and tons of bodies to test......

I will play Torchlight 2 first then D3 when I get bored, I figure by this time next year we'll be up to a patch version that will make D3 enjoyable......

3. YrrAB

YrrAB Diabloii.Net Member

Good god dude. They're gonna fix it, bugs are inevitable. Take a chill pill, or smack off to some torchlight.

4. Telzen

Telzen Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah I saw that too. Don't really know what they were thinking when they made that skill.

5. evolutionxtinct

evolutionxtinct Diabloii.Net Member

There's a difference between bugs that are "inevitable" and those that should have been seen months ago in internal testing. Baldurs Gate never had this crap when they put out there demo. Doubt most of you even know what i'm talking about, Black Isle released a demo of BG back about a year before it was released, and there were no glitches, no maps disappearing crap like that. Only issue I came across is hitting the quest end boss with some spell at the same time i was attacking which froze the demo.

Just company's are getting to lax, they believe this stuff should be fixed at the end when back 10 years ago game development was different. YOu weren't hounded by media people didn't even know your project existed unless you knew someone. So don't tell me to chill out, we pay $60 bucks for a game and that should be tested. Its like buying a M$ product we pay $300 for that and still complain w/ bugs so go smack off to Pam Anderson and go to sleep.

6. Srikandi

Srikandi Diabloii.Net Member

I didn't play the demo, but Baldur's Gate had plenty of bugs at release :p
    http://www.baldurdash.org/BG1/bg1fixes.html just to list a few that got fan fixes. In addition to the ones officially patched: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG/index_misc.php

Really, it's easy to romanticize the past, but I haven't played a bug-free computer game since they started having colored pixels instead of ascii characters :)

Edit: I take that last part back. They had bugs long before they had colored pixels. I just wasn't savvy enough to spot em back then ;) http://www.microheaven.com/InfocomBugs/zorki.shtml

7. oscarolim

oscarolim Diabloii.Net Member

But since this is not Diablo 3 demo, but BETA, they still have plenty of time to fix until the demo release.