Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this a bug?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Captain Howdy, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Captain Howdy

Captain Howdy IncGamers Member

Is this a bug?

Okay, here's the deal.

I have a level 36 melee assassin. I'm currently using two claws. One of them has the strength (amn+tir) runeword, and the other one is socketed with 3 perfect emeralds.

Now, when I use the "Venom" skill (adds poison to attacks), it completely *negates* the poison damage on my emerald claw. That is, instead of stacking with it, my damage goes from 322-371 (before venom) to 176-245 (after venom). Now, is this a bug, or is this the way the skill was intended to be? Is it meant to negate my weapon's innate poison damage and then apply its own?

I have another small question. Am I supposed to be prohibbited from using fade and burst of speed at the same time? If so, I'm rather disapointed that I can't use these two skills in conjunction.

2. Metroid_01

Metroid_01 IncGamers Member

Ok, Venom is a skill that adds XX psn damage over 0.4 seconds. when you use this all of your poison is put in terms of that .4 sec. ur emeralds add psn over much much longer hence the damage appears to be lowered but in fact is not. in my experience i just dont use psn outside of venom because it does so little. and yes you are not supposed to use burst of speed and fade at once...there was a time in .09 when u couldnt use venom with either of them either....thank god we got that changed. just switch em off when u need. burst doesnt need many points so its not a huge investment. on my meleesin she gets massive bonuses from venom, since i only have 6 psn (from a 10 max damage/75 ar gc) the damage shoots way up...nearly 1000 higher than before. i wouldnt focus too much on venom pvm, because its psn damage is low compared to the massive amts of hp monsters can have, but pvp it can do devistating damage :)

3. Captain Howdy

Thanks a bunch for the help! You seem like you're pretty experienced. Uhh... I'm going to ask a few more question, if I may, because this is my first assassin ever.

Okay, Mine is a PVP Melee Assassin. My primary attack skill is dragon claw, the dual-claw finishing move. I've also put a point into Dragon Flight (teleport kick) and Dragon Claw (charge up move). Now, here's what I'm planning on doing with this.

20 points Dragon Claw (already acheived)
    20 points Claw Mastery
    5-10 points burst of speed
    ?-? points claw block
    ?-? points venom

How many would you reccomend putting into those last two skills mentioned?

Also, I'm planning on using 1 Bartuc's Cut-Throat and 1 Jade Talon. Are there any better choices for a melee assassin that I'm overlooking?

4. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

Personally from my experience with Dual Claw Assassins put 1 point into Burst of Speed and i would max both Venom and Weapon Block since Dual Claws do not get as much block as shielded Assassins do it is important that you have the most you can get.

[email protected]~

5. Captain Howdy

That's true, [email protected] Dual Claw assassins have some advantages over shields, however, and that is the fact that they can block just as well while running and block spells. Dual claws sometimes have problems with resists, which is why I'm using jade talon.

Are you sure only 1 point in BoS? It seems like such a useful spell.

6. Metroid_01

Metroid_01 IncGamers Member

it depends on how much + skills you can muster. you only need 1 or 2 if you can get like 5 or 6 to skills, by then the returns are pretty bad neway. personally the way i originally went with my meleesin was bartuc/firelizards and on weap switch 2x jade talons for res. i soon after dumped the firelizards deciding though its such a cool weapon :'(... the bonuses from the tucs were more beneficial to me. if you wanan be pvp max out venom. i would also put around 10 or so to weappon block. im not a big fan of spending massive points for 2 or three more blocking so let ur + skills do the few extra fer yah. i have a comfortable 57% and rather than spend the amt of skill points i need i plan to go with cloak of shadows to drop defence of my enemies. and the strategy you have there is perfect, its what i use and it works pretty well ( that doesnt mean i can own because...this is the meleesin we are talking about) but she can hold her own pvp. a chaos claw is great to use, im trying to decide where to fit that in...id hate to drop one of my tucs for it, the bonuses are very good, but the whirlwind appears the only way she can kill some enemies. i reccomend though goin dragon claw on any casters or zons, its alot less difficult to control and if you miss its not a problem unlike ww where you can be suceptible to being attacked while still wwing. id reccomend 1 to blade shield because its like an extra attack for you which can be pretty useful.

7. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

I disagree on having minimal Weapon Block. For me i have to at least have 60% or higher even 1% blocking makes a difference in how you block and can actually save you in fight versus melee or casters.

[email protected]~