Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

is this a bug?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by admiral_ju00, Feb 14, 2004.

1. admiral_ju00

admiral_ju00 IncGamers Member

is this a bug?

i found a pair of etherial boots with 8 durability and some pretty and very good stats. among those there is the auto repair 1 durability in X seconds, etc.

i though they would wear off pretty quick, but this is like going on to 2nd week and there is absolutely no drop in durability. but yet it's Etherial. ???

not that i'm complaining, but simply curious.

2. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

Hmmm... you said that those boots have the mod "repairs 1 durability in x seconds" so I think the mod does exactly that. I'm not sure why you are wondering why durability is not going down. Boots degenerate slower than the autorepair mod so naturally durability does not go down.

3. admiral_ju00

yeah, but these boots are Ethereal which makes them or should make Repairing them Impossible without making them Indestructible with a Zod rune or something.

the whole idea is that the Auto Repair should affect everything except the boots itself or is this not how Ethereal things work?

4. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

You are right in saying auto repair would repair everything except the boots since those are ethereal. However, the mod "repairs 1 durability in x seconds" is not affected by ethereal. This is the main reason why people want ethereal items with the repair mod. "Zod"ing ethereal items is another alternative.

5. admiral_ju00

oh, i guess i haven't taken that into consideration.
    so AutoRepair kicks in before the ethereal so that the later has no affect on the prior.

gotcha :thumbsup:

6. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

the previous poster was thinking AutoRepair meant from an NPC (like charsi), not the boot mod that you were refering to.

Yes, the repair mod on your boot (it's not commonly called autorepair, that's why the other poster got confused) is not affected by the etherealness of an item.

So you can't repair that item in a shop (i.e. charsi) but it will repair itself, so no worries!

--fatty

P.S. note, "the repairs 1 durability in x seconds" that's on your boots ONLY applies to the boots. you will still have to manually repair your other equipment.