is this a bug?

admiral_ju00

Diabloii.Net Member
is this a bug?

i found a pair of etherial boots with 8 durability and some pretty and very good stats. among those there is the auto repair 1 durability in X seconds, etc.

i though they would wear off pretty quick, but this is like going on to 2nd week and there is absolutely no drop in durability. but yet it's Etherial. ???

not that i'm complaining, but simply curious.
 

slayer37

Diabloii.Net Member
admiral_ju00 said:
i found a pair of etherial boots with 8 durability and some pretty and very good stats. among those there is the auto repair 1 durability in X seconds, etc.

i though they would wear off pretty quick, but this is like going on to 2nd week and there is absolutely no drop in durability. but yet it's Etherial. ???

not that i'm complaining, but simply curious.
Hmmm... you said that those boots have the mod "repairs 1 durability in x seconds" so I think the mod does exactly that. I'm not sure why you are wondering why durability is not going down. Boots degenerate slower than the autorepair mod so naturally durability does not go down.
 

admiral_ju00

Diabloii.Net Member
slayer37 said:
Hmmm... you said that those boots have the mod "repairs 1 durability in x seconds" so I think the mod does exactly that. I'm not sure why you are wondering why durability is not going down. Boots degenerate slower than the autorepair mod so naturally durability does not go down.
yeah, but these boots are Ethereal which makes them or should make Repairing them Impossible without making them Indestructible with a Zod rune or something.

the whole idea is that the Auto Repair should affect everything except the boots itself or is this not how Ethereal things work?
 

slayer37

Diabloii.Net Member
admiral_ju00 said:
yeah, but these boots are Ethereal which makes them or should make Repairing them Impossible without making them Indestructible with a Zod rune or something.

the whole idea is that the Auto Repair should affect everything except the boots itself or is this not how Ethereal things work?
You are right in saying auto repair would repair everything except the boots since those are ethereal. However, the mod "repairs 1 durability in x seconds" is not affected by ethereal. This is the main reason why people want ethereal items with the repair mod. "Zod"ing ethereal items is another alternative.
 

admiral_ju00

Diabloii.Net Member
oh, i guess i haven't taken that into consideration.
so AutoRepair kicks in before the ethereal so that the later has no affect on the prior.

gotcha :thumbsup:
 

FattyMcGee

Diabloii.Net Member
admiral_ju00 said:
oh, i guess i haven't taken that into consideration.
so AutoRepair kicks in before the ethereal so that the later has no affect on the prior.

gotcha :thumbsup:
the previous poster was thinking AutoRepair meant from an NPC (like charsi), not the boot mod that you were refering to.

Yes, the repair mod on your boot (it's not commonly called autorepair, that's why the other poster got confused) is not affected by the etherealness of an item.

So you can't repair that item in a shop (i.e. charsi) but it will repair itself, so no worries!

--fatty

P.S. note, "the repairs 1 durability in x seconds" that's on your boots ONLY applies to the boots. you will still have to manually repair your other equipment.
 
Top