is there still hope for my sorc?

snikkoltj

Diabloii.Net Member
is there still hope for my sorc?

well, i have this lvl 51 sorceress which was meant to be a frozen orb sorc.
But now i'm on lvl 51 i discovered that you can't get your skills higher than 20 :(
My FO does about 300damage now but that's NOTHING compared to what you need in hell.

my skills: cold / lightning / fire
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6535/d2coldskillsxw2.png
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9894/d2lightninghu9.png
[url]http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3786/d2fireskillspe8.png[/URL]

plz give me some advise?

EDIT: images fixed

moiselvus

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
there's no fire tree image, while there's been put a lot of points there, but anyway:

frozen orb deals 300 damage per bolt, with cold mastery even more, and there's a lot of bolts coming out of the orb, making it a great killer.

however, you have put points spread over the other tree's in multiple skills, as I said before, i don't know where they are in, but you don't seem to have chosen a secondairy skill, and max+synergise that. that way you won't kill cold immunes effectively, so you're still not viable in hell.

I would recommend making a meteorb if you like frozen orb, read the guide.

~moiselvus

Are

Diabloii.Net Member
Frozen Orb deals loads of damage, even in hell. Each Orb has 64 shards, and each of those shards deal the damage indicated for the skill (300 in your case).

As mentioned though, it's a good idea to have a secondary damage type. Almost all monsters you face in Hell will be immune to one damage type, and you don't want to have to Teleport past every Cold Immune monster you come across (there are pretty many of them, including several in quest-related areas).

I recommend Fireball, as an overall neat skill :)

snikkoltj

Diabloii.Net Member
@moiselvus:
fixed the fire tree thing

i can still get get both (fireball and meteorb to lvl 20) is that wise or should i take something completely different like CL?

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
I would recommending getting either fireball + meteor, or lightning + chain lightning. If you want to solo the game, that is. 13 points in warmth is definitely too many though. There is a runeword called insight (ral tir tal sol) which practically gives you infinite mana (Ladder Only).

Get 1 point in static as well. Against bosses, it does more damage than any of your spells possible.

snikkoltj

Diabloii.Net Member
There is a runeword called insight (ral tir tal sol) which practically gives you infinite mana (Ladder Only)
wow thanks for the advice..but..ehhh if been searching for 3hours now but i cant seem to find an 4soceted polearm (for merc) or a staff (for me) in normal and nigtmare (dont have hell yet.)
so any tips for that are welcome (if someone wants to trade i'll give a perfect skull for it (europe, ladder))

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
wow thanks for the advice..but..ehhh if been searching for 3hours now but i cant seem to find an 4soceted polearm (for merc) or a staff (for me) in normal and nigtmare (dont have hell yet.)
so any tips for that are welcome (if someone wants to trade i'll give a perfect skull for it (europe, ladder))
Those only appear in late NM and hell.