Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

is there duping!?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by jonx, Mar 18, 2005.

1. jonx

jonx IncGamers Member

is there duping!?

I hope there isn't duping because that kills the joy of finding a nice weapon.. :(

I see people claim they can but can someone verify this for me?

thanks

2. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

Yes, there is. At least on Europe where I played/play.

High runes and some other items (like the same perfect shield for exile) are massively duped. Almost all ppl in the game have all the high-end runewords, which makes it kinda pointless and boring. A high runes costs only ~6 ist runes on ladder, which isn't much considering the rareness those class runes should have.

Just try to ingnore things you don't like, and play your own game and have fun. If that's possible... for me it wasn't, and I switched to classic until the next season begins.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

There is a lot of duping going on. All the Trade Forums have their own lists of known dupes. You might want to check those.

4. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

SOJs on nonlad east are poofing like crazy, I lost four last week, before I knew they were duping them again. That's like, enigma + :mad: in value.

Don't trade for them!

5. Jaimes

Jaimes IncGamers Member

It depends on your playstyle... it can become a problem.

I personally prefer to find all of my gear on my own. This, obviously, means that I will never encounter a dupe.

Also, if you stay away from godly things when you trade, you know that it probably isn't a dupe just because duping things that aren't extremely valuable are a pretty big waste of time

I'm not very informed on this but my guess is that most of the runes up to Gul are completely legit, because you can get them from Hell Hellforge. The ones beyond that are rare to the power of 17, and plenty of people who play have never found a "high rune" aside from trading for one.

The other option is to trade only with people you trust. I've found that a lot of the people who trade using the trade forums on this site are pretty nice and pretty trustworthy. I've even won an annihilus on the trade forums before :p If you keep any of the higher valued trades to these forums, my opinion is that you're less likely to run into duped items. Some people who trade here are very experienced vets, who have had time to actually acquire non-duped stuff.

That's my take on it anyway, right or wrong :p

6. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

a lot of ists are dupes too and a couple of times i traded for them and they ended up going poof on me :(

these days what I do if I want more valuable items is I only trade with friends because I know their items are legit so they wont dissapear on me.

7. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano IncGamers Member

I play SP only so I have a question about this. Why does an item go "poof"? Is it because the program manager sees that they all have the same fingerprint and he deletes them?
    Cheers K

8. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

LOL nice name! Seriously... that movie rocked.

anyways yeah the items have the exact same id tag, so when 2 people in the game have the same item, once they leave (if they don't temp-perm the item) it goes bye-bye. and good riddance to bad rubbish if you ask me :D

9. jonx

jonx IncGamers Member

Can someone please give me a way to prevent me from getting spoofed?

is there a way that I could detect that it is a dupe before I trade?!
    I trade a lot.. i dun want to get spoofed..

thanks

10. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

They dupe on Bnet????!!!

I'm shocked!

Seriously though, that's why I do Single Player. I enjoy the game that way personally.

Now, it's not like i've never muled an item to another char. Twinking is alright with me.

But playing with multiple runewords on each char plus your merc and playing in 8 player games just makes the game stupid. You get to the point ... where there's no challenge.

If I can finish the game with standard chars on Single Player on players8 then what does that say for uber-twinked out chars with the latest runewords? Since I don't play Bnet I can only imagine ... and have heard from others that it's just dumb. The duping of runes and the lot make it too easy.

Using a shotgun to kill a mosquito doesn't make sense for me.

11. Jaimes

Jaimes IncGamers Member

B-net gives you options which SP doesn't. You can MP if you want, or play SP just like you would on SP (minus the /players 8).

I hate playing through the entire game, and I like playing with other people... so SP is sort of out for me :p

Plus trading with others to get starting gear is king. Playing untwinked isn't much fun when you're making a build that starts at level 30. Or maybe I'm just not as good at it as you :p Just not my boat, though.

12. cheesypotatoes

cheesypotatoes IncGamers Member

For the msot part items arent duped, but charms runes and sojs are. So if ur not using the sojs to buy something right away use them to buy enigmas or ctas since they keep there value pretty well.

13. Mad Mantis

If there is nobody may give it to you.

Check the Trade Lists in the Trade Forums. They list all the common dupes.

14. jonx

jonx IncGamers Member

can you dupe everything? or just rings, charms and runes?

15. Mad Mantis

Just take a look at those lists and you’ll see you can dupe everything. However it is against the rules to dupe anything. Admitting that you dupe earns you a quick ban.