Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

is there duped item out there in ladder?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by IMCL85, Mar 8, 2004.

1. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

is there duped item out there in ladder?

well I heard from a friend of mine saying that he had trade with this guy. He got an zod and then after few days when his finally collect all his stuff for botd and the zod disapear? I was just wondering is there really dupe out there?

2. Kitten~The~Evil

Kitten~The~Evil IncGamers Member

Sadly, the answer is a great big YES :hanky:

They started duping on ladder very quickly...

3. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

There was a massive rune dupe early on. However I had not heard of runes being deleted...hmm.

4. might

might IncGamers Member

Yes, apparently. I just lost a Jah and Ber earlier which took me quite some time to trade for on ladder. They just disappeared after I had managed to get a 3 socket armour to make an Enigma. Oh well...

5. Kitten~The~Evil

Kitten~The~Evil IncGamers Member

I've heard quite a bit about the deletion problem, but I've seen it more on non-ladder than on ladder. I know someone who got a Vex in the channels, made his CoH, then the entire thing was deleted (presumably because the Vex was a dupe). Very scary - since then, when I trade for runes, I hold them for a few weeks before I make an item. Better to lose only the one rune than all the runes used to make your armor/weapon/etc.

(his CoH was deleted within a few days of having received the Vex)

:rant: stupid dupers

:edited: cause DUH... Vex isn't used in Enigma, so it must have been a CoH he made?? dunno anymore... point was that the item got deleted... *blushes*

6. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

oh boy lol I just traded a jah. Oh well since I haven't got ber yet better hold on to it for a while.

7. bulletbutter

bulletbutter Banned

Possible

Yes duped items are all over the ladder. Duping items is pretty easy if you know a couple of ppl. Unfortunatley it is a server side problem and cannot be solved easily. Also, fortunatley, detecting these items is pretty easy as well. From personal experience the anti-dupe system they have is VERY potent! Maybe 1 out of 20 dupes are successfull even after it is successfull there is no telling how long the dupe will remain. Read up on the subject and find out how it works for yourself and you will see how easy it is to dupe ladder or non-ladder. I haven't read forum rules on posting links so if any one wants more info just msg me.

8. SuggestiveName

That is very uncool of you, this is not the place to offer dupes. Read the rules or never post again. In fact do both.

9. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Read the rules of the forum before posting. Also, you appear not to know what you're talking about. There is no public dupe method. If you provide evidence and not a vague rumor, I might consider believing you.

10. bulletbutter

bulletbutter Banned

Firstly, I didn't offer ANYTHING duped. Secondly, there is NOTHING wrong dupping on OPEN b.net.

I was just stating that there is a way to do it and unfortunatley people make this a practice on closed b.net. Duping on closed is pretty much a waste of time. As I stated their anti-duping is VERY potent. There is NOTHING wrong with knowing how to do these things! Don't be ignorant. See the difference between you and me is, I like to find things out about a game that I constantly play (good or bad) so I can understand more how the game works. And you seem to be like so very many other people who just follow all the trends and know the same heapping pile of B.S that every n00b does.

Next time, before you make accusations, read the post! And just in case you missed it at the top, I never OFFERED ANYTHING duped!

My post is uncool?!?!? No its people like you who post worthless crap, whereas my thread actually had some information about the game that they wouldn't have known otherwise. The topic is about DUPED ITEMS ON LADDER! Geez, learn to read.

11. SuggestiveName

So you are not, in fact offering info on duping? Watch your wording next time, say what you mean.

Info about how to dupe doesn't belong on this forum.

You need to learn to read the rules before you continue to post.

12. bulletbutter

bulletbutter Banned

Do you even ready your own posts? I offer INFORMATION, which is what I stated, on duping/dupes.

13. SuggestiveName

By dupes I meant ways of duping, not duped items. As in "Come to my game I have dupe" "I can dupe" I know dupe" etc etc etc.

And if you go ahead and read the RULES you will see that this INFORMATION (on duping) is explicitly forbidden from these forums.

14. bulletbutter

bulletbutter Banned

Info about how to dupe doesn't belong on this forum.

Once again, I didn't post any info on how to dupe. I didn't read the rules that is why I didn't post any information about it. Instead I gave people the opportunity to message me to even help further keep it off the forum.

15. Suryl

Suryl USEast Trading Moderator

Not here you don't.

16. SuggestiveName

Suryl, you the man, that's 2 for 2 today. Keep up the good work. :clap:

17. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Yeah and I was going to reply, but Suryl said more than I could have with one swift kick in the face.

18. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Was it me or did he seem like SHAOC ??

19. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

lol pm's aer still considered part of the board...

20. SuggestiveName

I doubt it. Shaoc was rather anti-dupe, just pro ebay. The arrogant tone was familiar however. I also think shaoc read the rules, he just chose to ignore them.