Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is there anyone tried Impile?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by FlyingPerson, Apr 6, 2005.

1. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

Is there anyone tried Impile?

Anyone used this skill before?

Is this skill good for combination with Strafe/MA? I just feel it still kinda slow to kill boss/unique monster.

What's the best spear for this skill? EBotd spear?

2. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

It's Impale. I tried it before, it's too slow to kill anything, I would advise against it, it's one of the few skills in the game that I would deem completely useless.

3. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

too slow ?

isnt it suppose to be like barb's berserk or concentration or even pally's vengence? 1 hit each time, but deal with high damage?

On the other side, it just a switch from my bow skill, which means I should have about 50-60 IAS with my item. Thats still too slow??

Then, Jab is still the skill to use for killing boss? (Just feel no matter which bow skill i use, always too slow for boss)

4. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

This is correct, it is one hit, but it takes 1-2 seconds to actually land the hit. She moves in slow motion. Also, I don't think you could change the speed with IAS. You could feel free to try it, I just advise against it.

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Listen to Grobyc...Impale is worthless..no shield and slow attack speed is certain death in most situations. Besides attacking very slowly is very boring and frustrating, Jab is much more fun.

6. Sunjeet

Sunjeet IncGamers Member

I will soon try to make an Impalazon. I so like the idea of Spearazons and am so disappointed that Fend and Impale are so looked down upon. I considered making a Fendazon, but now decided for the challenge of a Impale. But the question is: what other skills should I go for? Should I make him like any other Spearazon? Or since there is higher emphasis in Impale, should I try other skills? Maybe higher in the evasion skills and Valk? Hopefully a good indestructable weapon will be able to work best. With enough elemental damage, I'm not sure that the elemental skills would matter, right?

7. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

Impale is useless. The insane damage bonus doesn't make for the loss of speed.
    Barb's Concentration and Pally's Vengeance can hit with decent speed - 9-10 frames, which is "slow" only compared to superfast attacks (Frenzy, DSwing, Zeal, etc). But it's pretty fast itself - about 2,5 hits per second.
    Even with very fast weapon (Titans for instance) and tons of IAS you'll be hitting at speed 19-20 frames.
    But to benefit from big damage bonus you'd probably prefer a slow, but powerful weapon.
    Remember, that the slower you hit, the better are chances to have your attack interrupted.
    So, IMO, It's a skill that looks great only "on paper".

8. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

jab > impale

impale is ****ty, slow and boring... it least fend is good for pvm.

9. Sunjeet

Sunjeet IncGamers Member

Well, I've started up an Amazon named IvanaHumpalot. I originally considered the name Impala, but then later thought about Ivana (named for Ivan the Terrible who liked to impale people on pikes), but then saw that Austin Powers was on TV again, so hence the name. So far she is only level 10, but still my intention will be to max out Impale. I know she will be a slow character, but I figure she'll still be fun. If anyone would like to help me, I'm open for tips and suggestions. I'm new to Amazons, so please treat me as a noob.