Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is there an easy way to find the right number of sockets?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by LtDrebin, Mar 26, 2005.

1. LtDrebin

LtDrebin IncGamers Member

Is there an easy way to find the right number of sockets?

I am trying to find a 4 socketed polearm (elite/expeptional are preferred) for an Insight weapon for my merc. However, I have had no such luck. I've gone hunting in nightmare with my high lvl chars to kill a massive amount of monsters in hopes of something socketed dropping but it seems hopeless. At this rate I'll find a Zod and Cham rune before I find a 4 socketed polearm. Any tricks you guys use to find the right number of sockets?

2. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

First, welcome to the forums, second, I suggest you be careful in your posting. Granted, the 2 aren't identical, but they are the same question in two different forums. This is considered a no no here, I'd advise you look over the forum rules if you haven't already done so, to prevent further issues.

The answer in the other thread is good advice, and high level mf areas are good to look in, because even if you don't find what you're looking for, you will eventually find something that you can trade for exactly what you want. Good luck, and hope you enjoy the forums.

~Bails

3. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

If you're strong enough, go clear Hell Cows with 0% mf. Billions of Socket items will drop.

P.S. - Will you trade a zod or cham for a 4 soc exceptional polearm if I happen to find it? B/c zod or cham both harder to find than the polearm...

- Dennis

4. LtDrebin

LtDrebin IncGamers Member

Double post because I wasn't sure where this question goes.