Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is there a max -lightning resist?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by agentbilly, Oct 12, 2010.

1. agentbilly

agentbilly Diabloii.Net Member

Is there a max -lightning resist?

I kno there is a max at -100%, but does anyone have the stats for normal monsters special and boss's

Im wondering because ill have a conviction merc but also wanted to kno if it would be better to have a bunch of 5/5 lightning gems (4os shield) or go with spirit. If the dmg bonus is only to act boss's i would rather have the fcr and resists and mana from spirit, but if it makes killing of mobs then the 5/5 gems is a better idea. Thanks!

2. droid

droid Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Is there a max -lightning resist?

Conviction is -85%, so those first 3 facets would give you full benefit on everyone, since no monster has innately negative LR

That last facet wouldn't help vs monsters with 0 innate LR, but in Hell those are rather few and far between. And it also depends if you're socketing your helm/armor with facets, too.

That being said, it depends on if you're talking about javazon or light sorc. Light sorc benefits more from the +skills and FCR from Spirit, pretty much needing it to hit the 117 or 200 FCR BP, and the +5% damage bonus from the facet is negligible compared to your LM bonus so its really only the -ELR you care about. Javazons, for whom FCR is unnecessary and who dont have LM, get better offense from a 4-facet shield, but of course you're trading resists and mana, so plan accordingly.

3. agentbilly

Thx droid that was very helpful. This would be for a lightning sorc so I think it will be good to go with spirit ;). Also Yea i would be farming everything in hell.

Now for one last question, did i do this fcr calculation right?

80%(sorc) + 20% magefist + 20% arachnid + 35% spirit + 40% escuchas = 195% fcr.
    does that mean I need 5% more in order to hit the max fcr? and if i do should i sacrafice mara's or an soj to get the fcr?

4. droid

80% sorc? Sorcs dont get an innate FCR bonus or anything...

To hit 200 FCR you really only have one set of options:

Griffons (25) + Viper (30) + HotO/Eschuta (40) + Spirit (35) + Arachnid (20) + Magefist (20) + 2xFCR rings (20) + 10FCR Amulet (10) = 200.

The only wiggle room you have is if you can craft a perfect 20FCR amulet, you can drop a ring for SOJ

5. agentbilly

Hmm somewhere I had read that there was something with sorcs getting 80%. Thanks for clarifying this. What is the next fastest fcr breakpoint below 200? and would I do more dmg having the extra 2 to skills from rings, and 3 from ammy, and 1 from armor? even with slower casting speed?

6. droid

117 is the next bp for Lightning and CL, and yes its worth it to shoot for 117...you want to use Griffs+Spirit+HotO+Arach anyway, which puts you at 120