Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is there a marrowalk glitch?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Azianiceboy, May 21, 2005.

1. Azianiceboy

Azianiceboy IncGamers Member

Is there a marrowalk glitch?

I read that if you have nothing to bone prison and if u equip marrowalks that it will give you lvl 33 bone prison. Is this true?

here is where i read it from : http://www.jpitems.com/sguidediablo2.htm#necro

Skills
    20 - Bone Spear
    20 - Bone Spirit
    20 - Bone Wall
    20 - Teeth
    0 - Bone Prison The Marrowwalk Bug gives +33 to this skill instead of 33 charges, but only if you have ZERO points in it. If you don't want to use Marrow Walk boots you need to put 20 points here, and 1 in Clay Golem (no other skills).
    1 - Lower Resist and all pre-reqs. (Marrow Walk Bug Version)
    1 - In every skill on the Summon Tree (Marrow Walk Bug Version).

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Yes there is a Marrowwalk bug...and it does give you lvl 33 Bone Prison synergy if you don't put any points in Bone Prison.

I'm not sure what the skill outline is supposed to be...Looks like a Bonemancer but why Lower Resists and 1 point in all summon skills?? Seems a bit strange:)

3. txmielnik

txmielnik IncGamers Member

The marrow bug still works, as long as you don't put any points into bone prison and use marrowwalk it should work fine. :clap:

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It works that way for any item that gives skill charges. It's called Marrowwalk bug because that's the most massive exploit of this bug.

5. Tim B

Tim B IncGamers Member

same thing can be done with carrion wind to get a lvl 21 synergy bonus to rabies from the poison creeper charges

6. Babubhai

Babubhai IncGamers Member

what is a carrion wind?

7. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

unique ring

8. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

It's not strange, but it may not be obvious.

The summon tree: you want Gumby at least, and it never hurts to have revives (the need less skill investment than skeletons) as meat shields. With this you actually need one point in almost all summon skills, except firegolem (which the poster forgot to exclude from the "all skills").

The layout for the curses, however, is exceptionally bad --- Lower Resist doesn't help the bonespells at all, so it's purely a party skill. I would suggest using defensive curses instead. The good thing, however, is that no curse supports the bonespells, so you are free to use whatever you see fit...

9. krischan

Normally I don't use revives unless I'm about to fight a particularly tough monster. It's just too annoying to revive new ones when they collapse after a few minutes.

10. Azianiceboy

Azianiceboy IncGamers Member

Yea the build Im using is strictly bone spells maxed to get the synergy bonuses but I know I'll have points left over. Should I put points into Golem or Curses?

11. krischan

IMO it's enough to invest a single skill point into each of the curses. Perhaps it's worth to invest a little into Amp because that's the most commonly used curse. I don't know much about golems, I have to admit. Corpse explosion is a PB spell, so I guess that one already is on your list of spells to be maxed, right ? Else max that one for a bigger area of affect.

I suggest to ask this in the necro forum where you will get the attention of much more pros than here.

12. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Revives work nicely with a marrowed PvM bonemancer even if you don't always use them I prefer bonewalls for meat shieldage but sometimes some nice nasty ranged attackers, or those crushing blow guys show up.