Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is there a good two hand sword build?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by geist_darkblade, Feb 20, 2004.

1. geist_darkblade

geist_darkblade IncGamers Member

Is there a good two hand sword build?

Is ther a good two hand sword build for a barbarian :scratch: ? I like the idea of building a two hand sword barbarian. Any help would be apreciated.

2. ploof

ploof IncGamers Member

yes.

I've been looking to build myself a two-handed frenzy botd beserker axe barb for quite awhile, but I haven't been able to find a guide for a frenzy barb yet and my ideas for the build usually involve too many skill points (it takes me a long time to get to lvl 90)

but anyways, If you could work out how to build an effective frenzy barb, you could give yourself 2 botd baalrog blades or azurewraths or whatever and kick a ton of arse, I think.

lol. I think.

-ploof :flip:

3. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

2 azurewraths would be real nice and combine Chains of honor, laying of hands, and seraph's hymn, your going to roll over demons and undead monsters :).

4. TheAntiHero

TheAntiHero Banned

2 botd balrog blades ? max sockets in a bb is 4 no ? :scratch:

5. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

2x non-eth (lol)Botd Phase frenzy would be nice.
    If you mean 2 hand weilded like a cb, then the damage from spears (war pike, ghost spear) or polearms (great poleaxe, threshers) is higher.

Edit: Technically they can be eth if you upgrade from an eth dimensional or crystal sword :scratch:

6. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Phase's can't be eth. And yes if you mean 2 hand, then I would use polearms.

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

I believe phases can be eth if you uprade them from an ethereal crystal or dimensional, but then that only applies to uniques/rares.

I'm confused as to the original poster's question...are we talking using two swords, or one sword with two hands? I figured he mean the later, myself, in which case a conc or whirl barb would work well.

-Hal

8. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

go with your own build, thats what i always do. i design builds based on me getting to lvl ** (it seems to be a fairly easy level to get to) but if you include all skill quests at lvl ** you actually have 101 skill points - i considered this all when i build my most recent ww / conc IK barb.

in answer to the original point, if you are looking for a 2 handed barb then go for eth botd poleaxe, ghost spear, whatever but if you specifically want 2 swords then try a duel fury balrog blade frenzy barb (or any duel weapon, botd cb, botd zerk etc etc.)

good luck with building him

9. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife IncGamers Member

there's a lot of different opinions but i say an ECBBoQ would work well if u went 2 handed because your build could still utilize a sheild (if a zon or barb wanted to duel).

yeah.. thats my take on it. Sure polearms or spears do more dmg but if u only wanna max one mastery, i'd go with that (or obviously eth botd cb). Im not actually sure which is more expensive..

10. geist_darkblade

geist_darkblade IncGamers Member

I mean a single two hand sword. I kow there are weapons that do more damage . I just like playing around with the idea.

11. ploof

ploof IncGamers Member

well then i think cloud has it right. Get yourself an eth botd colossus blade and start kicking ***. I think it'd be insanely hard to find a cruel baalrog blade of quickness (of appropriate damage) on the ladder... assuming that's what a CBBoQ is...

:scratch: