Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is there a good spearazon build in 1.10

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by EndTheory, Mar 8, 2004.

1. EndTheory

EndTheory IncGamers Member

Is there a good spearazon build in 1.10

Anyone seen/done a decent 1.10 spear build? I assume a build with lightning synergy is about the only viable build?

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I'll say this as i say to anyone considering spearazon build in 1.10. You MUST use an insanely fast weapon such as a shael'ed arloc's needle or viperfork or (insert godly huge IAS+damage rare spear type weapon). I say this because blizzard in their wonderful stupidity (yet again) has made fend interruptable by passives in 1.10. This means that in melee battle a decent rate of attacks by monsters (melee or ranged) will make you constantly restart your fend cycle and essentially stand there whiffing at air while your life plummets (no hits no leech :( ). This simple fact made me abandon my melee (not lightning) spearazon builds in 1.10, because as all know spearazons were so overpowered in 1.09 (extreme sarcasm).

3. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Just to mention that if you're going with the lightning spearazon, speed isn't that essential. In fact, a mat. pike etc while slower, can leech more mana per hit, thus helping you mantain your lightning bolts. Focus mroe on +skills more than the physical damage.

4. Nevre

Nevre IncGamers Member

You should also be aware, if considering lightening strike, that it has a reasonably long last_delay and may not be as effective as you could hope it to be.

I from time to time mess about with a charged strike javazon, this might work with a spear but there is little point in using a spear for this really.

Impale is just far to slow.

So, really, you are left with jab. Hmmm, the numbers might not add up in hell.

Plus melee life without a shield is MOST difficult!

5. GITO86

GITO86 IncGamers Member

im thinking of making a spearzon with max charged strike, lightning strike, and fend. i recently got an ethereal 4 skill 213 ariocs which i think could make a nice physical/lightning spearzon.