Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is there a dupe now?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by edabbey76, Mar 10, 2004.

1. edabbey76

edabbey76 IncGamers Member

Is there a dupe now?

I was in a game where some guy said he would dupe for items. I said BS and then he went to malah and made her drop 50 scrolls of resistance on the ground. Is this some known bug he is using to make people think he can dupe, or has the duping begun?

2. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

That's a pretty old glitch. Thought it was patched.

3. WillScoot

WillScoot IncGamers Member

I think they might have just stopped them from being transferrable of something. I know I heard something about some kind of fix.

4. FrankZappa

FrankZappa IncGamers Member

Yes there are several methods, but that was not one of them. It's a bug.

5. rpgforumsnet

rpgforumsnet IncGamers Member

There is always private dupe - I can even say for the whole lifespan of d2.

6. senji

senji Banned

you can get as many scrolls and mephisto stones as you want by sending packets
    those people doing it just trying to make you believe they can dupe

7. det

det IncGamers Member

what good are 50 scrolls if you can use only 1? :scratch:

8. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

There is one dupe out that lets you dupe full juvs, I've seen people fill up whats-her-face in A1 with juvs 6 times in a row while everyone in the game bought them from her. Not exactly game changing there, but it's still less time a PK/dueler has to spend running for juvs, and as such can get more ears than the legit PK/dueler...UNFAIR I SAY!

9. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Yes there are several methods, but that was not one of them. It's a bug.

Yeah, at least in 1.09, what happened was that if you came back to Malah for your reward, and there was no 2x2 room for the scroll in your inventory, she'd drop the Scroll on the ground. There is nothing strange with that, but the bug was that every time you spoke to Malah again, she'd drop a Scroll!

Maybe that's what what happened. He just wanted to make you think he could dupe and "proved" it, so that you'd pay him something. the thing about the rejuves sound fishy though, as they have so be "made" or found, hence, the method would involve actually creating items.

10. Jedi

Jedi IncGamers Member

just question why somebody wants payment in form of items if he owns the cheat to dupe them? :scratch:

its rhetorical - i dont want an answer :howdy:

regards
    Jedi

11. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

I was reading one of the h4x0r sites out there after the rune duping thing started, to see if people were 'actually' being banned, or if blizz was just blowing smoke.

In doing so, I discovered that they can 'dupe' anything that resides in a belt. Because full rejuvs sell for the most money, this gives them an 'infinite gold hack'. Run a script and have 2 million gold, presto.

Now just remember, infinite gold = infinite gambling, which means that basically its as bad as the pindle-botters. In other words, the items produced are legit, but they were obtained by cheating, and therefore are cheats.

So although it might seem relatively innocuous to dupe full rejuvs, it actually is a fairly severe cheat, imo.

12. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

Someone will always have a private dupe, thats pretty much a given. If a flaw in the game isn't mass exploited then blizzard won't notice, or if they are aware quite possibly won't deal with it until such a time that it becomes a problem.

I would ask why people bother but I know why. Money would be the one side, dupe, sell on ebay, profit. And the lesser known, or thought, reason, sheer curiosity. For some people poking through game code is downright fascinating, which also borders on the idea of "why? because I can". Why do people mod consoles and run obscure operating systems on them? Why do people create fully functioning os's with GUI's that can fit on 1.4 meg floppy disks? Simply because they can.

13. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

not true! running an os that fits on a 1.4 meg floppy is great when you're putting the os on a cluster that only does one thing- parallel computing. Each "computer" only has memory, a processor (or two), and a way to communicate with others (ie no hard drive). Therefore, the whole os goes into memory, so slackware is betterware! :D

(sorry, i'm a nerd, and i just spent a week working on a cluster with DamnSmall Linux)

14. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

LMAO No worries. But you don't need a GUI for clustering, heck you don't even need a boot floppy, just boot the majority of the boxes off one central one on the network. ;) I am assuming that is possible because it is for most other setups, but I haven't had a chance to build my own cluster yet. =/

Being a fellow nerd you might recall the OS I was referring to, darned if I can remember the name of it, but it was a full os with GUI on a floppy. They had a story on it on slashdot awhile back, it was written from scratch, iirc, and completely coded in assembler. The idea alone of attempting that gives me a headache. Wicked cool little setup though.

DSL is a 50 mb live cd distro based on knoppix, and knoppix is puuuuuuuure secks! Seeing as knoppix is based on debian that would make debian "betterware". Debian > Slackware. DISTRO WAR! :D

And of course the obligatory comment, "Imagine a beowulf cluster of these things!" :thumbsup:

15. moby

moby IncGamers Member

Gentoo > Debian > Slackware

Seems like I have some fellow geeks/nerds on the forum maybe I should make a poll on what the best Distribution is?

Any of you fellow penguin followers run Diablo on your linux machine? And if so how have the results been.

Diablo is about the only thing I keep Windoze around for.

Apologize for thread hijacking

-moby