Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is the stash big enough?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Brokenstorm, Sep 20, 2011.

1. MagisterMan

MagisterMan Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Is the stash big enough?

I wouldn't mind a bigger stash, though I don't think I will run out of space that fast.

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

i have several stashes with +500 items in them. even after more then 20 restarts i still have amassed enough gear to have 38 items left to find in diablo 2. The diablo 3 stash is very very small in contrast so no it wont be enough

3. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Yup, as most have said, I just don't see it as being enough. I'm a super pack rat though, so that's a pretty big factor.

4. WhiteGiant

WhiteGiant Diabloii.Net Member

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/360414/hoarding

hoarder will never have enough space :p

however 350 slots is plenty + 60 for every character that makes 950 slots

and dont forget that stackable items stack very high - and that the maximum slotsize is only 2 unlike diablo 2 where most significant gear took up 4-8 slots

5. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ Diabloii.Net Member

Charms are another thing that took up who knows how many slots of character + mule space that we will have free in D3 too.

6. Greizer

Greizer Diabloii.Net Member

I don't understand the question. 'Is your stash big enough?' That's like asking, is your wife sexy enough? Do you have enough wives? Is the cocaine potent enough? Do you have enough football teams or coastal villas? My stash is big enough when I can put a galaxy in it and spend a week looking for it. :jig::highfive::jig:

7. Amarules

Amarules Diabloii.Net Member

Agree it's probably not the most efficient solution but it's better than running out of space.
    All it takes is logging in on two accounts at once and joining the same game to make swaps, so essentially back to classic D2 muling. However that issue won't arise quite as fast, and the dual account muling won't be neccessary nearly as often (have a good clearout and your sorted for a few weeks).

I'll take that over getting rid of items I want to retain purely due to space issues.

8. Sid

Sid Diabloii.Net Member

For myself, I played D2 entirely self-found and enjoyed collecting items via ATMA. I have way over 350 items in just my unique stash alone - all self-found - no hax no dupes.

So far, I'm undecided if I'll pursue that path again. I really don't want to buy gear on the AH - to me it's more fun to find it and allows me long-term goals that may take me years to achieve. However, I'm not sure D3 is going to accomodate that style of play anymore. With the shared gold, limited stash, and inability to run 3rd party solutions like ATMA, those who enjoy the long-term 'collector' metagame (shout out to the SPFers) may be left out in the cold.

For me, the loss of that playstyle will likely lessen the longevity of the game.

9. Eagle

Eagle Diabloii.Net Member

Too small. But I'm a hoarder :p

10. bardon

bardon Diabloii.Net Member

In the short term? Yeah I think 350 is enough, especially since it will take a little bit to get the 1.5m+ gold it will take just to get the 350.

I fully expect them to expand it with an expansion--with an expansion adding a bunch of new items it seems necessary.

While I won't rule it out entirely, especially with Activision, I do doubt they will sell additional space. Perhaps in 3-5 years maybe.

11. aj2000

aj2000 Diabloii.Net Member

Selling storage for RM would not go down well with me, that's going micro-trans model.

I'm not so much as against micro trans model except D3 has a significant upfront cost and presented to me as a non-micro trans model. After paying the upfront cost if I was told I need to pay for additional utility and power I would be royally pissed, that would be really unscrupulous and I object on the basis of a switcheroo and misrepresentation.

Generally, I'm perfectly okay with micro trans if it is for cosmetic thing, but when you sell convenience (stash space), time (fast trav, priority login, 2x exp pill) and power (buffs...etc) that bothers me and should be strictly for free to play games.

Though that could be stretched, what if:
    RM shop now sells many cosmetic upgrades including armor look overlays, and 75% of all the armor model (and the best looking ones) are RM only. How would you feel after having this sprung on you suddenly after you paid for the game and playing 3 months into the game?

12. patonis

patonis Diabloii.Net Member

It is clearly not big enough. The crafted items which are nearly perfect stats also will take alot space.

Items which are set up for auction, still take space in your stash until sold, right ?

13. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes Diabloii.Net Member

I'm very much against microtransactions, but the thing about buying more shared stash with money, imo, is that 1) It doesn't make your character any stronger and 2) You can more or less do the same by buying another copy of the game.

It would be best if they simply made the standard 'free' stash bigger of course, but if technical reasons is a hindrance, that might not be realistic.

14. Amarules

I think we can expect micro transactions are a given for D3. Personally I see storage space as a great option because its something everybody can benefit from without giving any one individual a legitimateadvantage over another. Its a quality of life perk, and I'd far rather see that in game than wow style vanity pets that detract from the mood of a diablo game. They serve no purpose so why include them, more to the point why would I want to pay for them.

Ultimately I think storage would be a fairly popular choice and from a wanting to see D3 thrive point of view, the substantial revenue it would generate would be brilliant if it allowed for a more developed game experience.

15. BellaStrega

BellaStrega Diabloii.Net Member

Guild Wars has had stash space as a microtransaction for years. Unfortunately, it's a bit overpriced (a character slot costs the same, and has slightly over twice the inventory space). Otherwise, it seems to work fine.

16. bbrtki

bbrtki Diabloii.Net Member

We'll be able to destroy items into resouces to cut down on needed space.
    Plus,. isnt it likely youll be limited to 1 account per battle.net account?

17. Sid

Sid Diabloii.Net Member

I don't see how they could limit you to one account.

18. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Agreed, you can have multiple copies of other games registered under a single account.

And either way, they can't stop you from making a second bnet account.

19. Amarules

If both copies are on the same account I'm pretty sure you won't be able to log onto both concurrently though..which would mean you couldn't easily mule between copies of the game. If space does become an issue having two accounts means you won't have to ask a friend to keep your game open etc.