Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is the number of possible sockets on barb helms decided by ilvl 25 and 40?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by SmittySixTen, Apr 23, 2008.

1. SmittySixTen

SmittySixTen IncGamers Member

Is the number of possible sockets on barb helms decided by ilvl 25 and 40?

I read in the item generation tutorial that the max number of sockets on a Long Bow is decided by the ilvl being either below ilvl 25 or ilvl 40, at which point the max number would increase. I tried to find the armor.txt file that was mentioned, but I do not have a clue where to find it, so I can't check to see if barb helms operate on the same ilvls as Long Bows.

That said, does anyone know at what level a barb helm will be able to get 3 sockets? If the specific type matters, I'm looking mainly at Horned Helms, Assault Helmets, and Avenger Guards.

Thanks for any help people can offer.

EDIT: I found the info, but I had to do a search for sockets. I got lucky and happened to find a post by SnickerSnack linking to the new place to find the socketing thread at battle.net. I'll answer my own question, that it only needs to be an item with an ilvl of 26.

I'll also link to the page in case someone else has a similar question. Perhapses it's time to update the sockets section of the Library?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  2. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

Re: Is the number of possible sockets on barb helms decided by ilvl 25 and 40?

there's always the "socketed items quicklist" but apparently it has been moved to the diablo wiki:
    http://www.diabloii.net/wiki/Sockets

There too, the items are divided into 3 groups: ilvl 1-24 / 25-39 / 40+

-AnQ