Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is the meteorb sorc still viable and good?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by FatStupidIdiot, Aug 27, 2006.

1. FatStupidIdiot

FatStupidIdiot Diabloii.Net Member

Is the meteorb sorc still viable and good?

I'm thinking of working on a meteorb sorc using this guide:

http://www.gamerhelp.com/pc/Diablo2LordofDestruction/107662.shtml

I'd like to make her basically an MF sorc. I'm curious: Do you all consider that to be a pretty good build/template for modern playing?

Thanks for any opinions!

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

The Meteorb is a very popular character, and is fully capable of soloing the game.

3. Grumpy Old Wizard

Grumpy Old Wizard Diabloii.Net Member

She is a fun build to play. You have a machine gun (fireball), a bomb (meteor) or getting rid of those pesky archers and other stationary critters, and you chiller/backup weapon is Orb. Use Telekinesis on fire/cold dual immune monsters and let your merc kill them.

4. xNamastex

xNamastex Diabloii.Net Member

Meterorb is very fun and rewarding. With mulitple killing and defense options you can tweak the build toward your preferences. The great thing about it is that it is scalable as you get better and find better gear and items. There seems always room for noticeable improvement. You can easily reach the point where you can go anywhere in the game and complete it without expense items - except for the 6 uber bosses. Probably takes 2nd place in terms of best overall killing/ magic finding/wealth building combo to the hammerdin but is easily more fun and dynamic.

I still use my meterorb for all my mfing, leveling, baaling, chaosing and key finding required to build wealth. She is my one and only wealth building machine.

5. Speedster

Speedster Diabloii.Net Member

Agree completely, although my lvl 97 meteorb needs plenty of help with the uber bosses (she takes down D-clone without much trouble).

Meteorb is the best all-around sorc build.

6. xNamastex

xNamastex Diabloii.Net Member

Never had the luck to face Dclone yet with my sorc. I can do uber D and Baal (with major trouble and some death) and uber duriel and izzy (a little easier), however, its the mass of minions all around PLUS the ubers that will do me in without any sort of leech. Mephy and Lilith are virtually impossible with a meterorb from my experience.

7. Speedster

Speedster Diabloii.Net Member

You need a tough merc with leech, DR, and max fire resist, but Dclone is very doable for a meteorb. My merc has Infinity which obviously helps.

You're right about the ubers - you really need a good smiter or hammerdin to take out all those full immunes (wth was Blizzard thinking?). Sorcs can't do much in uber Tristram.

8. FatStupidIdiot

FatStupidIdiot Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the good comments I appreciate it everybody.

9. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Please don't follow the guide you posted the link to. Its outdated and incorrect in some points. Rather have a look here -> http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=254070