Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is the fire claw druid really a good PvP build?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by RimuZ, Apr 27, 2008.

1. RimuZ

RimuZ IncGamers Member

Is the fire claw druid really a good PvP build?

Hello. Wow first time ever in the druid forums :p

Anyway I've read Jayson rated’s PvP FC Druid Guide and decided that I want to try one. Since I've sticked to paladins and necros mostly this is my first druid in years.

It looks fun however I've never actualy met one or seen one. Exactly how good are they? I can afford most of the eq save the 44 life shape skillers.

What I would like to know is would this build pretty much get owned my most other duelers or is it a force to be reckon with?

Thanks in Advance //*RimuZ

2. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Re: Is the fire claw druid really a good PvP build?

Any well built character is a force to be reckoned with, IMO. Anything that doesn't have really good fire res/sorb gear on will get torn to shreds by a Firebear swinging at 4 fpa constant. You're only real weaknesses are that, and lack of teleport (which is made up for by loads of frw when it's needed). It's not a major sacrifice (if any at all) to get 14k-15k fireclaws damage and still have upwards of 15-20k AR and 8k+ life (and 86% fhr too). Really, that's their other pain in the neck, the lousy FHR for werebears, but IIRC 86% is 6 frames, and that's the same speed as a pally smite, so not too bad. Hope this gives you an idea of what you're going to be looking at on one, and with any luck, Jayson will be on soon to reply (teh Kell wolf is about to retire for the night...so probably rambling). Good luck, and keep the fur flying!
    Awroooo!

~Kell

3. RimuZ

RimuZ IncGamers Member

Thanks that helped a lot :D Hope to get some more opinions. The guide gave so many options that I'm not sure on what skills to pick. I've decided to max Lyca and go for 3 synergies. But does it matter that much which synergies I pick?

4. Skullbash

Skullbash IncGamers Member

Lycanthropy will get you more life, 4 synergies will get more damage.

5. RimuZ

RimuZ IncGamers Member

Yes that I knew. But in the guide he spoke of back up skills and I'm not sure of how much difference they make. Are they used often?

6. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

an fc druid with good gear can be really good. ive had alot of fun with the build and found it to be pretty successful, but keep in mind this is NOT a paladin or a necro so dont expect to be as successful as one of them.

the only back up skills i refer to are shockwave/maul/feral rage.

7. RimuZ

RimuZ IncGamers Member

Great thanks. Quick question about the guide if anyone has read it. Didn't quite get his ranking system. Does five asterix mean its impossible to win or that its fairly easy?

8. superjayson

read my disclaimer, i explained it there.

i didnt want to add controversy to what my build can and can not kill. For example I think a fc druid is in a great position to dominate all fury wolves, but the same can be said about them to fc druids. in that situation the winner would be who ever has the most skill and or better gear.

the only concern with this build is how easy it CAN be to resist and absorb. When i run pubs you dont run into this problem that much. in more private games where people know what they're doing it can be, but most people consider stacking res/absorb BM to begin with.

9. RimuZ

RimuZ IncGamers Member

I see. Thanks. How about skillers. Shape skillers give + to Fire claw ,Lycan and to were wolf/bear skill. Elemental skills give bonus to all synergies and with a 22% dmg raise on each it's pretty much dmg. Wich skillers are best damage wise?

10. superjayson

if you read my guide you would have your answer.

elly skillers are a complete waste. only points invested by yourself get counted as a synergy towards fireclaws.

11. RimuZ

RimuZ IncGamers Member

Well it only said that you should use shape skillers. I was curious about the difference. Anyway I think that answers all my questions. Thanks a lot. It's a great guide.

This cracked me up btw :p

4) Why a Jewelers PhaseBlade of Quickness? Wouldn't a 6 open socket phaseblade work just as well?

Yes..it would easily, but a normal six socket phaseblade does not come with a yellow handle.

12. superjayson

thats because you should only use shape skillers. the only reason you wouldnt is if you didnt have any and/or couldnt afford any. in which case id suggest getting as many charms with life/ar/frw as possible.