Is the D2 trying to tell me something?

chillnkill

Diabloii.Net Member
Is the D2 trying to tell me something?

After about 2 1/2 months I've finally got my one and only character, a Meterorb, up to a whopping level 72!!!..yeehaa!..LOL! Seriously, I don't get to play much so be nice:laugh:

Before tonite I really haven't found anything of note..Shaftstop/Tals mask/Skin of Vipermagi/Frostburns and not much else. Abut 150 S/U's in total.

Anyhoo, tonight I clear lvls 2/3 in the WSK and out of a Tomb drops a gold Tomb Wand. Been a few years since I've played so it didn't mean anything to me at the time. Put it my backpack and carried on. Then I finish off Baal and he drops a gold Hieophant Tophy(sp). Again, no big deal. I threw it in my cube and went to eat dinner.

I just now I'd these 2 items and they are: Arm of King Leoric and Homunuculus. I dont know how to post the stats, but I'm sure you guys know these things anyway. If I remember right, these 2 items were pretty decent Necro gear at least at one time, yes? Is that still true? Looking at the mods I'm thinking something better would have to be a runeword?

So, your thoughts? Is the game telling me I should be a Necro? Or are these not as hot as I think?

buffa

Diabloii.Net Member
To me, both of them are very good, I have not found them yet... I traded it for my fishymancer.

edit: There is a link for ATMA on the sticky, a great program to do lots of stuff. You can copy the readout for the stats of the item...

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
The Armpit of King Leoric is mainly used to buff/pre-buff summons, but the Homonculus is a staple necro item.

Basically

Armpit = okay
Homonculus = Great.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
I believe D2 is telling you to make a Necromancer.

Either that, or gib your itamz to my Necromancer.

Congrats!
-hps

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, Necros rock, listen to your drops... I've got a lvl 89 Fishy/Psn hybrid, and I use a AoKL, and a +3 skills Necro head for prebuff. After I picked up a HoZ for the first time, I took it as a hint to finally build that Hammerdin up.