Is that Babin I see up there?

Babin

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, called out. I thought my profile options were set to invisible, I usually do that.

Yeah, it's me. You know, I thought I'd finally kicked this habit, but it's just too good of a way to procrastinate and not do the reading I should be.

I'll post a more detailed (or in other words, yes, lengthy) response in a wee bit, I can't even remember how long it's been but obviously a lot has happened since I've been here. If anyone can give me a brief rundown of who is still around that I might remember (and/or who has changed names for whatever reason), I'd be appreciative.

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
I think Pals are the only people who can be invisible now.

The oldtimers? Freet, Lioness, Amra, Durf, Dutch, Smeg (he has undergone many name changes)...there are more but my brain hurts from studying.

Babin

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, well I wish I had the time to burn to post a more long winded response, though in the words of Pascal my posts are typically long because I lack the time to make them short. They just end up pseudo-stream-of-consciousness-y, which always makes me wonder if Joyce was really that talented or if he just unleashed a Pandora's box on anybody who takes the time to read him.

But I digress (still my strongest talent): I've been quite busy these past few years. I am now a graduate student of political science, so that tends to take up most of my time. I also am living with my girlfriend-of-two-years, so that's the other major factor I suppose.

I've participated on a variety of internet forums since my departure here: my own site has mostly languished, though I launched a different one upon starting my graduate career (which is also languishing at the moment). I have participated in a few political "blogs" though, including one with a nice bipartisan community where I actually ran the elections where we decided who was going to run the site (only example I know of where a blog management was decided by elections, and since it was my baby I decided to run it instant-runoff style just because).

Other than that, not a whole lot to note to be honest. I took an actual factual poetry class, bringing my pedantic dabbling in that topic to a new high, or low, depending on how you see it. I've obviously followed the political situation in the world but to be honest don't have a tremendous amount of commentary at the moment, though I could point out a few of the better things I have read recently if people are interested.

Truth be told, I very much doubt I am "returning" to this forum in any sense of resuming posting as I did before. I ended my self-imposed moratorium because I feel that I will no longer spend quite as absurd an amount of time here, and so I felt it was "safe" to at least take a peek. While I'm still quite verbose (as is presumably self-evident), I'm also just plain busier these days, and am unlikely to post anything terribly voluminous here.

If folks are accepting of this, I might continue occasional participation, mostly by providing brief commentary and links to either my own or other writing in other places that I have found to be of interest. That said, I'm not even guaranteeing that, and I will likely go weeks without posting at all in any case. Still, I did enjoy this community a great deal and feel that it is a bit of a gem in the rough. That, and Diablo 3 has to come out eventually, right? Heh, just kidding...

Thelioness

Diabloii.Net Member
Glad to see you pop in. Congrats on the degree. And just an update, Bas is about to pop a little one out any day now.

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
Babin said:
which always makes me wonder if Joyce was really that talented or if he just unleashed a Pandora's box on anybody who takes the time to read him.
I've never heard of you before but I can already see one thing we agree on.

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey fella ... we have missed some of your "World according to Babin" commentary on the OTF. :wink3:

Good to hear from ya ...

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
You're before my time but the old-timers on the forum are forever talking about you.

I ended my self-imposed moratorium because I feel that I will no longer spend quite as absurd an amount of time here, and so I felt it was "safe" to at least take a peek.
Spend an absurd amount of time here? What a ridiculous assertion.

Cannon Fodder

Diabloii.Net Member
If I didn't know better, I would think that you are in fact a person I happen to know in RL. The similarities are rather unnerving. For the sake of my sanity, simply answer affirmatively that your first name is not Ben.