Is summoner druid viable ?

Piggie

Diabloii.Net Member
Is summoner druid viable ?

Hello !

In first, excuse me for my not so good English, because I'm a French... So I hope it's not too terrible, and I hope it's clear for you.
Okay, let's go.

So I want to build a summoner druid. But I want to know if it can be viable, even in hell mode. Is it good if I put a lot of competence points in the summoning aptitudes, and if I put some points in a competence like ouragan, for helping the creatures ?

Thank you very much for your help, and sorry for the mistakes :thanks:

Piggie
La perfection au masculin​

cyid

Diabloii.Net Member
i never really made it to hell with my hunter/hunter-mentalist. but it was viable. I would go for Heart of Wolverine and a Might Merc so your summons can get out more dmg. Try to pick up a good bow to help your summons kill(unless you go elemental too, then i would suggest the +2 to druid skills club and sigon's shield). I would also suggest max'ing grizzly (for enhanced dmg) and dire wolf (for extra health).

One thing you need to remember, you can only have one type of summons up at a time. Like for example: you can only have one type of vine up at a time, one type of heart and one type of wolf or grizzly.

~Kazama Fury~

Diabloii.Net Member
Bienvenue a notre forum de merveille, Piggie!

check out this thread

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=139829

i think it is will discussed there, and you should check out the other threads discussing about summoners, mainly the hunter ones if you want to make a viable one for hell in my opinion. sorry if it might sound lazy that i am directing you to another thread, it is just because its to get ppl to help each other and reduce the number of threads concerning the same subject.

Piggie

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you very much for your help. And thank you for the link too, it will be helpful for me. I will start my druid tonight. I think I will just put 5 points in ravens and in the "normal" wolf (I don't know the English name) and I will put the maximum of points in the most powerful wolves, and of course in the grizzli. And I will devellop the skill "ouragan" too.

Anyway, thank you very much.

Piggie
La perfection au masculin

proudfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
Not really sure what "ouragan" is... Oak Sage, perhaps? Mind describing it?

I would save points for the second set of wolves, "Dire Wolves". They are much better, and you may find points spent in "Spirit Wolves" less effective.

Good luck, and Welcome to the Forum!! :D

Piggie

Diabloii.Net Member
proudfoot said:
Not really sure what "ouragan" is... Oak Sage, perhaps? Mind describing it?
Oh, sorry... "ouragan" is the French name, but I didn't know it was different in English. Anyway, ouragan is not "oak sage". Ouragan is a wind spell. It's the most powerful wind spell, the one in which you are in the middle and it turns around you, stoppind the creatures. Something like a typhoon. (sorry for my mistake... ^^)

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
ouragan = hurricane in english :clap:

and it isnt that powerful compared to some of the other elemental skills.

proudfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah, in english it's called Hurricane. Should have noticed the phonetic similarities :)

Yep, getting Hurricane and Cyclone Armor (swirling white thingies that stop elemental damage) built up will help a lot, probably.

Piggie

Diabloii.Net Member
Voice said:
ouragan = hurricane in english :clap:

and it isnt that powerful compared to some of the other elemental skills.
Yes, hurricane, exactly...
Not powerful ? I have read on a French forum that if you build a summoner druid, you can use hurricane for stopping the creatures attacking you, and then your own animals can attack them more quietly, with less danger for you. Isn't it correct ? :bonk:

proudfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
I think it would work as a slowing/damaging spell pretty well. For a Summoner it would probably benefit more than Tornado or Armageddon or anything.

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
yea i agree w/ this as well ... esp. since it would allow you to go might merc over holy freeze :uhhuh:

Piggie

Diabloii.Net Member
Anyway, a long time will pass before I can have hurricane... I will start tonight and use points for ravens or wolves.

Thank you for all your responses.

Piggie
Sans la liberté de blâmer, il n'est point d'éloge flatteur

Piggie said:
Anyway, a long time will pass before I can have hurricane... I will start tonight and use points for ravens or wolves.

Thank you for all your responses.

Piggie
Sans la liberté de blâmer, il n'est point d'éloge flatteur
May want to lay off the sig. It's a pal thing they are picky about.
-Piggie is fine but the rest is a bit overkill.