Is Schaeffers collecting dust?

Radagast

Diabloii.Net Member
Is Schaeffers collecting dust?

What happened to schaeffers? I'm looking into making an avenger, was hunting around for a beserker axe to make crescent moon, but decided instead that i'd see if i had enough assets to purchase a schaeffers. I did. But looking through the forum to see if i made the right move, it certainly doesn't appear so - there just isn't much enthusiasm for it in the avenger ranks.

Right then, is avenger a good idea for this weapon at all? I realize that i'm looking at 89% ias to reach just 10 frames, and way too much to go beyond that. The difference between 10 and 8 is...huge? I'm not all that psyched about making a zealot as i have a furry version of one already (werewolf). Has shaeffers always been a zealot weapon? Has this monster crawled into the shadows of the new runewords? WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON! :teeth:

Cheers Greenies!
 

eviljr.

Diabloii.Net Member
i have a 40-15ias shafers, im a zealot i really dont recomment this weap 4 ur avenger. i would say azurewrath hi elemental dmg weaps look in the weap thread by the guy who cant spell weapon, i have postedmy awnser 4 him and u there. :::)))
 

Radagast

Diabloii.Net Member
I was under the impression that physical dmg was the big multiplyer for vengeance and thus you could dish out a great deal more with higher phys than extra elemental. Oh, and does vengeance multiply before or after str bonus?
 
eviljr. said:
i have a 40-15ias shafers, im a zealot i really dont recomment this weap 4 ur avenger. i would say azurewrath hi elemental dmg weaps look in the weap thread by the guy who cant spell weapon, i have postedmy awnser 4 him and uthere. :::)))
Thank god we have the English massa to correct us.
 

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Æ’enris said:
Thank god we have the English massa to correct us.
so, one guy who just got back from banning picks on another guy who just got back from banning, simply brilliant, do let me know how it turns out

btw, I contemplated Schaefers way back when, but never got around to an avenger since I couldn't pry them off my frenzy barb, I don't know how much speed you could get with it, would this be a fanatic avenger? 10 frames would be brutally slow IMHO I would get tired of it fast, and attacking so slowly diminishes the value of the %cast static feature of the weapon
 

Radagast

Diabloii.Net Member
I thoroughly agree Ash, but just for comparison against some of the high end runewords that are all the rage in another thread, i thought it'd be nice to get some numbers out here to look at. Here it is:

Loboleal said:
Let's make a simple analisy taking a Berserker Axe as base weapon for all that Runeword and let's see the elemental damage output for each one before Conviction:

Berserker Axe: 47.5 Avg dmg.
1 pt in Vengeance, 20 in each Resist aura (+270% * 3 Elem damage)

Beast:
47.5 * 3.7 = 175.75
175.75 * 2.7 = 474.5 * 3 = 1423.5
Total elemental avg damage: 1423.5
9 fpa (20% more IAS to reach 8 fpa attack)
Total elemental avg damage per second = 1423.5 * 2.7 = 3843.45

Doom:
47.5 * 4.7 = 223.25
223.25 * 2.7 = 602.7 * 3 = 1808.3
87.5 * 4 = 350 (Level 12 Holy Freeze with 20 in its synergy)
Total elemental avg damage: 1808.3 + 350 = 2158.3
11 fpa (110% more IAS to reach 8 fpa attack)
Total elemental avg damage per second = 2158.3 * 2.2 = 4748.3

Famine:
47.5 * 4.7 = 223.25
223.25 * 2.7 = 602.7 * 3 = 1808.3
190+125+150+125 = 590 (Famine's inherit elemental damage)
Total elemental avg damage: 1808.3 + 590 = 2398.3
12 fpa (125% more IAS to reach 8 fpa attack)
Total elemental avg damage per second = 2398.3 * 2 = 4796.6

Hand of Justice:
47.5 * 4.3 = 204.25
204.25 * 2.7 = 551.5 * 3 = 1654.4
89 * 4.6 = 409.4 (Level 16 Holy Fire with 20 in its synergy)
Total elemental avg damage: 1654.4 + 409.4 = 2063.8
11 fpa (122% more IAS to reach 8 fpa attack)
Total elemental avg damage per second = 2063.8 * 2.2 = 4540.4
And to toss shaeffers into the fray.

Schaefer's Mallet:
226 avg dmg * 2.7 = 610.2 * 3 = 1830.6
125 avg lit dmg (inherent weapon bonus)
Total elemental avg damage:1830.6+125=1955.6
We'll say you squeeze 86 ias out of the build for 10 frame (highest you'd want to go)
Total elemental avg damage per second = 1955.6 * 2.5 = 4889

Now, statistically i'm not being fair to the runewords as i calculated max breakpoint with shaefer's which wasn't done to the others. These final calcualtions will be with +86% ias as the shaeffers had to even the playing field:

Beast: 1423.5 * 3.1 (8 fps) = 4412.85 avg dmg/sec
Doom: 2158.3 * 2.7 (9 fps) = 5827.4 avg dmg/sec
Famine: 2398.3 * 2.7 (9 fps) = 6475.4 avg dmg/sec
Hand of Justice: 2063.8 *2.7 (9 fps) = 5572.26 avg dmg/sec
Schaefer's Hammer 1955.6 * 2.5 (10 fps) = 4889 avg dmg/sec

Here's hoping a did that right. :drink:

Well good ol' schaefer's is up there. And when you take into account schaefer's very exceptional max damage and especially the chance to cast static, i'd say it holds its own. Opinions?

PS - Frenzy Shaefer's eh...ho ho there's an idea i hadn't thought of. Maybe i'm in the wrong forum :teeth:
 

Loboleal

Diabloii.Net Member
Radagast said:
Here's hoping a did that right. :drink:
You did it right my young Padawan :D


IMO, Any high damage weapon that could reach 9 fpa is a good Avenger weapon. And better if it has elemental damage. Anything slower than 9 fpa is inadvisable. Some people prefer no less than 8 fpa. IMO, 9 fpa is nice quick for normal attack.
 

*Cyrus*

Diabloii.Net Member
I always liked Nords for an Avenger... but I can't remember what else I suggested back in the day. There might be a link somewhere... brb.
 

Zroc

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally, I like a Botd eth War Spike. You can find these pretty cheap compared to eth Botd zerkers...I bought a 380 eth BotD war spike for Ber+ist.

Average damage is 280, and it hits 8fps with 110 IAS total (60 weapon, 50 elsewhere). This also let's me hit a 4 fps zeal with a single point invested in fana, for when I need the leech.
 

Radagast

Diabloii.Net Member
*Cyrus* said:
I always liked Nords for an Avenger... but I can't remember what else I suggested back in the day. There might be a link somewhere... brb.
I'll be waiting for you Obi-Won...

And with gratitude. A list of ideal weapons would be most helpful to do some charting as just done. If its close to schaeffers (and most likely cheaper) I'll have to look into another build for the big baddie (frenzy has my attention).
 

LordDrift

Diabloii.Net Member
Another weapon you might want to look into is

Ethereal Gimmershed, Fast, High Elemental Dmg What more can you ask for
 

Radagast

Diabloii.Net Member
LordDrift said:
Another weapon you might want to look into is

Ethereal Gimmershed, Fast, High Elemental Dmg What more can you ask for
To be blunt, a mace :p

Well, that or a weapon that wont break. Eth wont repair and you can't zod ... a friend of mine was using for a while. He had to switch to a regular when his broke and his pally wasn't such the happy camper afterwards. But while we're thinking of sexy eths: Demon Limb. You could get a 9-frame 153-278 one-hander (self-repairs) with that one. An When the "old list" comes around i'll play wiht numbers and see how everything looks. (i couldn't really afford the big boy runewords, which is why i was comparing shaeffers with them in the first place, so etheral weapons that don't self-repair are out of the question. And even those that do would probably cost an arm and a leg)

But thx for the suggestion :thumbsup:

PS - i apologize for any incoherence. insomnia (some people insist on calling it coffee) is a ***** the day after - although it all kind of flows into one long day ...
 

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
*Cyrus* said:
I always liked Nords for an Avenger... but I can't remember what else I suggested back in the day. There might be a link somewhere... brb.
Cyrus, you've been away a bit too long...

There was a forum crash 28th of january, all the posts before that are gone, including your zealot threads and all that. What's left are all reposts of the old guides and posts after that of course.
 

Rius666

Diabloii.Net Member
*Cyrus* said:
I always liked Nords for an Avenger... but I can't remember what else I suggested back in the day. There might be a link somewhere... brb.
ive been meaning to ask u cyrus on ur opinion as to what a good socket choice for a nords would be. I thought a shael rune but im only gonna have a total of around 100 ias (including the wep and shael) which gets me no where fpa-wise (same fpa without shael). any suggestions?
 

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Radagast said:
What happened to schaeffers? I'm looking into making an avenger, was hunting around for a beserker axe to make crescent moon, but decided instead that i'd see if i had enough assets to purchase a schaeffers. I did. But looking through the forum to see if i made the right move, it certainly doesn't appear so - there just isn't much enthusiasm for it in the avenger ranks.

Right then, is avenger a good idea for this weapon at all? I realize that i'm looking at 89% ias to reach just 10 frames, and way too much to go beyond that. The difference between 10 and 8 is...huge? I'm not all that psyched about making a zealot as i have a furry version of one already (werewolf). Has shaeffers always been a zealot weapon? Has this monster crawled into the shadows of the new runewords? WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON! :teeth:

Cheers Greenies!

At a base speed of +20, schaffer's is simply too agonizingly slow without fanaticism since an avenger needs to have conviction on.
 

eviljr.

Diabloii.Net Member
ƒenris said:
Thank god we have the English massa to correct us.
omg... i have to have a hammer to type cuz i neda press hard on the keyboard to type, i just donthave the patience
im gettin tired of this, its my key board, alright?
 

Vindi66

Banned
eviljr. said:
omg... i have to have a hammer to type cuz i neda press hard on the keyboard to type, i just donthave the patience
im gettin tired of this, its my key board, alright?

Are you too lazy to go back and retype it?
 

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
Omikron8 said:
At a base speed of +20, schaffer's is simply too agonizingly slow without fanaticism since an avenger needs to have conviction on.
Exactly thats why I'm using it on my liberator with cause I get bout 8k max damage with 18k ar with enchant :)
 

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
Radagast said:
To be blunt, a mace :p

Well, that or a weapon that wont break. Eth wont repair and you can't zod ... a friend of mine was using for a while. He had to switch to a regular when his broke and his pally wasn't such the happy camper afterwards. But while we're thinking of sexy eths: Demon Limb. You could get a 9-frame 153-278 one-hander (self-repairs) with that one. An When the "old list" comes around i'll play wiht numbers and see how everything looks. (i couldn't really afford the big boy runewords, which is why i was comparing shaeffers with them in the first place, so etheral weapons that don't self-repair are out of the question. And even those that do would probably cost an arm and a leg)

But thx for the suggestion :thumbsup:

PS - i apologize for any incoherence. insomnia (some people insist on calling it coffee) is a ***** the day after - although it all kind of flows into one long day ...
gimmershred wont lose durability while using..it doesnt ahve any, the only way he can make it so it is unusable is to throw out the hole quantity...it is perfect for using one handed
 
Top