Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is Scarab Husk good for Chain of honor?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by yxx, May 14, 2005.

1. yxx

yxx IncGamers Member

Is Scarab Husk good for Chain of honor?

super version, the defence is 532 but the strength requirement is 95.

If I sell it later, how many ist can I get?

I also have a dusk, but defence is only 412.

Any suggestions?

BTW, I am not a rich man. I just started the game last month. So these are all my properties.

2. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

It might take more than a month to make a CoH but it is light armour which is a plus and certainly most amazons will have the strength requirements for it. As to its value you'll have to check the trade forums.As for its real value to you that depends whether you're playing hardcore of not. :D

3. xxraiderxx

xxraiderxx IncGamers Member

Most ppl prefer archon plates.

4. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

A month to get the runes for CoH?

If you're only planning on laundering the armour, then Archon Plate is the best option.

5. yxx

yxx IncGamers Member

Thanks for suggestions.

I have 2 ist and 1 gul as well as some other mid runes, I think it is time to get a chain of honor -:)

6. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

That certainly depends on which realm you play on. You couldn't buy Ber for those runes on Europe, ladder at least. (Unless you are very lucky, and find a clueless seller)

7. druliusCleaver

druliusCleaver IncGamers Member

A month to get 2xIst, 1xGul, plus some other mid runes??? There are only 720 hours in a 30 day month.

I've been playing d2 since 1.0 and LoD since 1.09 and probably at least 1000 hours (maybe double that, but I sure hope it's less than 2400 hours = 100 entire days) of bnet play since 1.10. However, I have yet to see act 3 of Hell, I don't have a char higher than 82, and I've never seen a rune drop higher than Lem. Probably less than a dozen runes higher than Sol have ever dropped for me. Granted I don't play rushes and my first bnet char (in 1.10)was an untwinked cleric until lvl 80, so I was probably a much slower build up from scratch than the vast majority of Bnetters, but still one Ist is the rune equivalent of 8 * 3^20 El runes, that's almost 28 billion El runes. One Gul is almost 56 billion Els. I can imagine that a realm might drop over 100 billion runes in a month. What I find hard to fathom is that you personally found 3 of the rarest that will definitely drop in 100 billion drops.

BTW, to drop one each of the high runes a month per realm, each realm would have to drop at most the equivalent of 2 * (2^12 * 3^20) El runes (about 28.4 trillion), there's the equivalent of 14.3 trillion Els in every Zod. The drops would break out; 1 Zod (14.3 tril El value), 1 Cham (7.15 tril El value), 1 Jah (3.54 tril El value), 1 Ber (1.76 tril El value), 1 Sur (880 bil El value), 1 Lo (440 bil), 1 Ohm (220 bil) 1 Vex (110 bil) and drops of runes below Vex that would total about 110 billion El values.

You must have mad skillz then because in only 30 days you are not a poor man either.

8. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

I think you're exaggerating a little bit. Ist and Gul are available from hellforge, meaning a lucky person could get ist ist gul within the first 3 characters he makes if he is lucky. Its definitely attainable within the first month of play online.

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The distribution of rune drops has absolutely nothing in common with upgrading runes, except that higher runes drop more rarely then lower ones.

10. druliusCleaver

I thought the drop distribution and the upgrade pyramid were linearly dependent. Can you point me to the drop distribution stats you are quoting?

11. yxx

yxx IncGamers Member

Thanks. I was trying to find a sup archon for coh, but no luck so far.

I have no idea why some people think I can't get Gul and 2 IST in one month. Right, the best rune I found so far is mal, but you don't have to get ist yourself, just tade. I actually still have some good items, such as death fathom and mara.

12. Tim B

Tim B IncGamers Member

agreed. i've not been playing much longer than you(although diablo does make time fly when your unemployed), and have gul and ist, and another gul and 3 ists pass through me in trading. Its not hard to rush a character to hell hellforge really is it?

13. druliusCleaver

If you've only been playing a month or so and you've already done enough Hell hellforge runs to accumulate those higher runes and/or the items to trade for them, Hell hellforge rushes must be an extremely large percentage of your total playing time. Imo the following of such a path is commiting you to an extremely impoverished overall game experience, no matter how many CoH or Engima you collect. But that is why D2 is such a great game, there is plenty of room for all ways and sub-ways of playing the game, except, of course, hacking (officially).

14. eelnala

eelnala IncGamers Member

I played D2Classic ever since it came out. However, I only start on LOD about 1.5 months ago. Fortunately for me, I’ve got 2 computers with LOD sitting right next in the same room, so I can rush for Hell Hellforge if I needed to (I don’t do it, because it seems like an unfair way to get stuff). From my non-rushed characters, I’ve managed to secure 2 ists and 1 gul as the highest runes I’ve ever found.I played D2Classic ever since it came out. However, I only start on LOD about 1.5 months ago. Fortunately for me, I’ve got 2 computers with LOD sitting right next in the same room, so I can rush for Hell Hellforge if I needed to (I don’t do it, because it seems like an unfair way to get stuff). From my non-rushed characters, I’ve managed to secure 2 ists and 1 gul as the highest runes I’ve ever found.

15. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

AFAIK the distribution (i.e. (chance for rune X)/(chance for El)) is the same for all monsters, except for the special drop of the Countess. You can check this with the drop calculator of ATMA (found here).

16. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I got two Guls in a row once from HF runs. The point being made earlier is that simply looking at drop stats doesn't account for rune upgrades. You could have enough to make vex in 2 Hell forge runs which only takes a few hours. This ladder has been on for well over a year now.