Is Pindleskin worth MF'ing?

pindle doesnt drop spectacular, its only since he's so fast to run. i usually just do shenk/edritch/pindle every game .. ive gotten some very nice stuff from them and it only takes like 3 min.

and baal can drop anything .. theres no "dropping higher than baal".

so yes, do pindle. =D
 

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
dont just do pindle runs every single game. you will get a realm down pretty fast. instead try other bosses as well such as andy and meph.
 

Twoflower

Banned
i d go for andi - travincal - meph - pindle - eldrich - shenk - baal

well taht s my run, anyway, whit my mf hammerdin. depending on build you may wanna skip some of the stations though ( blizz sorc surely wont be happy whit travincal, ... )
 

Sharaz

Diabloii.Net Member
pindle has dropped me an ik armor, tal armor, and windforce. countless other worlthless drops tho... but like they mentioned, hes fast and easy.
 

MasterMegatron

Diabloii.Net Member
Sharaz said:
pindle has dropped me an ik armor, tal armor, and windforce. countless other worlthless drops tho... but like they mentioned, hes fast and easy.
is this before the 1.10 patch or after? i got lots of items before 1.10 but seems crap now
 

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
Killing Pindle/Shenk/Eldritch is a good way to collect gold too. I usually grab 5 or 6 magic/rare exceptional/elite items from them with each run, making ~150k gold, fast and easy (go go gambling :lol: ) !
 

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
MasterMegatron said:
is this before the 1.10 patch or after? i got lots of items before 1.10 but seems crap now
Due to the increased drop rates in 1.10 Pindle drops better now than he does in 1.09. It's just a question of luck...I've done hundreds of Pindleskin runs without finding anything usefull at all, and then suddenly Natalyas Claw dropped, it's just a question of persistence.
 

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
...and then suddenly Natalyas Claw dropped, it's just a question of persistence.
Was it supposed to be a good drop :lol: ? Last two I traded went for 6 PGems each :p ! Better sell all those magic/rare and gamble with the gold :thumbsup: !
 

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Frosty_The_Snowman said:
Was it supposed to be a good drop :lol: ?
It was supposed to be a rare drop:) I think Scissor's Suwayyah are TC 84... If you want substitute it with a green lacquered plate. And if you play single player without massive duping, then yes Natalyas Mark is a good drop.
 

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
It was supposed to be a rare drop:) I think Scissor's Suwayyah are TC 84... If you want substitute it with a green lacquered plate. And if you play single player without massive duping, then yes Natalyas Mark is a good drop.
Sure it is a rare drop :uhhuh: !
I remember the good ol' days of 1.09 (and before) when nat's claws were VERY expensive. That was before all those godly runewords... Now only a few set/unique weapons/armors are still worth something :p !
 

MasterMegatron

Diabloii.Net Member
Frosty_The_Snowman said:
Sure it is a rare drop :uhhuh: !
I remember the good ol' days of 1.09 (and before) when nat's claws were VERY expensive. That was before all those godly runewords... Now only a few set/unique weapons/armors are still worth something :p !
lol i play in asia realm everything is rare and expensive here.
 

oscarmk1

Diabloii.Net Member
twoflower said:
i d go for andi - travincal - meph - pindle - eldrich - shenk - baal

well taht s my run, anyway, whit my mf hammerdin. depending on build you may wanna skip some of the stations though ( blizz sorc surely wont be happy whit travincal, ... )
i have a blizz sorc and i can do travincal real fast, with the help of my uber merc though of course :)
 

Sokar Rostau

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know where Chimaera got his info from but the 1.10 patch REDUCED Pindle's drops (along with Shenk and Thresh Socket). This is why you can do 500 runs and get nothing but junk now. As someone else said, the only real reason to do Pindle is speed, most people can do at least 2 or 3 Pindle runs in the time it takes to do Baal (if you don't have Enoobma and maphack) and in the long run this means u will still get decent drops.

What the 1.10 patch DID increase was the chance that a normal monster in Hell (and NM) will drop a unique item. When I run Pindle I always kill everything and have gotten about five times as many uniques from the monsters outside than from Pindle and his minions.

For the most part I am over Pindle now and just clear a path to the throne (which is essentially the same as a Pit run) then kill Baal. I get plenty of gold to keep me gambling happily from all the champs I kill on the way. My MF Meteorb Sorc has 840% MF (counting the merc) and gets craps from Pindle while my pure Trapsin (amazing how fast Fireblast kills champ gloams...) has a little less than 200% and has gained more uniques in one week than the sorc got from Pindle in six months.
 

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Sokar Rostau said:
I don't know where Chimaera got his info from but the 1.10 patch REDUCED Pindle's drops (along with Shenk and Thresh Socket). This is why you can do 500 runs and get nothing but junk now. As someone else said, the only real reason to do Pindle is speed, most people can do at least 2 or 3 Pindle runs in the time it takes to do Baal (if you don't have Enoobma and maphack) and in the long run this means u will still get decent drops.
I looked in the game files....It's true that Pindle's inital "drop class" has been reduced, but the "drop class" that it refers to has not...which means that he hasn't been nerfed. Along with the general increase in drop rates, this means that he is actually better than before! Where did you get your info from???
 
Top