Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

is najs armor the best armor for reasonable price?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by snowy_angelaaa, Feb 11, 2004.

1. snowy_angelaaa

snowy_angelaaa IncGamers Member

is najs armor the best armor for reasonable price?

apart from coh enginma. and +2 skin. i think najs is the best armour in game. huge defece +1 skill=25 to all resist +65 life req tren only 80. and its cheap too. what u guys rekon?

2. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Najs is nice :) Very underestimated armor indeed. The only bad thing about it is that it's heavy. But who cares, if it isn't pvp? Put some faster run on.

3. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

The 45% damage taken goes to mana is a great bonus IMO.

I use one on my purely elemental druid and also on one of my frenzy barbs :drink:

4. snowy_angelaaa

snowy_angelaaa IncGamers Member

it drops too often thats what makes it cheap. i have fould 8 of them for the last few weeks

5. pipermac

pipermac IncGamers Member

It is in AC 78 so it shouldnt be that easy to find. I think you are just lucky to have found 8 of them. I have only found 2 of them in my entire time playing. It can only be found in hell too.

6. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

I have to second this .. I believe that I've only ever found one of them, I've found a couple of the circlets .. but only ever one armor.. and ya .. I think it's a great armor!

7. corndog420

corndog420 IncGamers Member

If I had anything worth trading you, I'd be asking for to trade one of your spares :) I've owned one, but never found one in two years playing. It's definitely underrated armor.

8. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Hellforge plates seem to be dropping a lot more often nowadays. I have only seen one Naj's drop in the past year of play though, and that doesn't include much MF runs. If luck wasn't fickle, then it wouldn't be luck.

9. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I think you are just incredibly lucky to have found that many. :)

I agree, Naj's is a pretty decent armor. And when the day comes that you decide to move on to something else, you can always slap it on your merc.

10. BloodAndRoses

BloodAndRoses IncGamers Member

Yes, it's nice, but a Duriel's Shell is just as, if not better. Particularly if you can reach maximum damage reduction without armor (Stormshield and a String of Ears maybe), then you can use Duriel's and not be forced into wearing a Ravenfrost, which frees up a ring slot.

11. Dire_Wulf

Dire_Wulf IncGamers Member

Naj's is the most overlooked armor IMO. I think part of the reason is that once you get to the point where you can use/find it, you are using an item that more suits your specific need.

That and its kinda like a heavy oversized vipermagi without faster cast.

Najs
    -60% Item Requirements <-Nice
    +65 Life <- Nice
    +25% Resistance To All <-Nice
    +45% of damage taken goes to mana <-Very nice
    +1 to All Skills <-Nice
    +300 Defense

The thing I like about it is that there are all good mods on it. There are none of those bullcrap mods like "5% chance to cast lvl 1 teeth when struck" on a hell item.

12. Schwhat

Schwhat IncGamers Member

It is a pretty good armor. But oddly not that cheap for me at least.

I tried to buy one with a shael rune, and they tell me it's worth at least a dol rune (mind you on the ladder east). I wouldn't pay that much for an armor that lacks faster, such a high lvl req, and heavy armor.

I mean I can get a low end viper around a shael. Not worth it to really complete the set for a high lvl should be using something better than that. Go go go ww/wb naj druid.

I guess this is an ok melee armor that I would put as 2nd to a duriel shell for cheap bang for your buck armor.

I find that when I use casters, I always want to hit the 70+ cast rate. Like 50% from a weapon max, then you have to make up like 30% from the armor or rings, amulets, and belt. But I find it extremely hard to get a fcr ring with prismatic mods and/or good mods. And +skill amulet with fcr is harder yet. Seems expensive to try and buy it off someone.

I would use a lidless to obtain fcr, but then I like to make up for some resists in hell by using a rhyme shield which gives me the can not be frozen (which is an essential!). I choose that route because not everyone can afford resist all small charms. And all caster should be maxing resists considering hell (seems almost every enemy has an elemental dmg attack).

The only belts off my head with fcr is a perfectly crafted caster belt or arachnids. Then of course if you have arachnids, you can afford to buy a supped up viper or um rune/perfect ruby a decent viper. My gloves are usually frostburns, because I find that the extra mana boost is needed thus lose the possible 20% fcr from a magefist or trang's gloves. Thus need rings/amulet to support with fcr and lose out on resists and skills...

Just my 2 cents.

13. Thanatosia

Thanatosia IncGamers Member

As far as its rarity, its one of the rarest set pieces in my personal experience, I've only found 1 ever. Its a nice item to be sure, but I think its just way overshadowed by the skin of the Vipermagi. A perfect Viper is more common then any Najs Plate, and that extra 10 resist vs all by itself is worth a ton. Either way, Naj or Viper, it obviously only appeals to Caster classes - you'll never see a Barbarian or Zealot running around in either unless it was just a spectacularly lucky find and they dont have anything else woth considering, and 30% faster cast is just too vital a mod for caster to pass up in favor of Najs abilities. The damage reduction on Viper is way too often overlooked as well, and is very useful.

Najs plate suffers from the same disfuncion as many other rare items such as Eschutas Temper and such, the mods are pretty good - the problem is'nt so much in the item itself but in the compition, there simply exists a more common item that does what it does better.