Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is my Barb ready?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by soul killer, Sep 20, 2006.

1. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Is my Barb ready?

Lvl 84.
    4000life w/ BO
    10k def w/Shout
    12k AR
    1500-4000 w/Beastz and 2000-5000 w/LWz
    75/32/67/32 Resists (no CoH on)
    ~70CB

Is my Frenzy Barb ready to solo Ubers?

2. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

Yes, provided you...

1) Howl all the minions away every ten seconds while namelocking ubers.
    2) Dont lift your right mouse button while hot tabbing howl and back to frenzy. You are frenzying with right mouse button, right?
    2) Dracs equipped? More open wounds and lifetap helps :thumbsup:
    3) Cast Fade before you go thru portal
    4) Got purple pots? You'll need 'em with only 4000 life
    5) If you dont have CoH, got Fort?

3. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Yeah i know that i need to howl all the minions away, i howl with right mouse and frenzy with left.
    Dont have Dracs,i use LoH and ill get a CoH np.
    Got lots of purples.

4. Apophis

Apophis Banned

low life though .. only 4000 tell me what amu and rings you have? helm? belt?

5. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Raven,Bk
    Hlords
    39 Dungos
    Arreats

6. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

firstly get the forti or a duress this will help boost dmg alot adding more cb if needed, i.e if ur not using Guilemes face

2 ravens + highlords are better as it helps u rreach ar targets easier, with good charms u won't even need demonlimb enchant.

Life is not bad but u could do better, i.e 5k target, mind posting stats?

Also don't use CoH cuz u can prebuff fade and use a kira helm vs mephisto which can give upto 70 all res. and then switch to arreat or guilemes face vs others.

list other gear;

7. oneBlast

oneBlast IncGamers Member

He's using LW, why would he need more CB?
    Use arreats or kiras.
    Get some mana pots, you will need some mana (not juvs) vs baal.

8. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

yeah i know that but when u have a helm giving u DS as well what is there to say no to? Assumming he is using gores, he will have 60-65% DS assumming
    3x% from HL, 15% from gores and 15% from Guillemes face. And 100% cb althught the cb maybe overkill, but still nice anyway, combine with a forti, giving res, dmg and some life.

Basically u can't go wrong IMO with arreat or Guillmes face.

You want as much dmg coming from DS + CB obviously CB as top priority and DS next.

9. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Ok my stats and gear.
    Str-203 (130 base) :undecided:
    Dex-108 (59 base)
    Vita-334(??? base)
    Ene-31

Arreats
    Fort
    343/66 LWz
    243/35 Beastz
    39/12 Dungos
    Hlords
    Gores
    5ll BK
    Raven
    11/17 Btorch
    AR/Life Gcs

No idea why i put so much into str :banghead:

10. Uvatha

Uvatha IncGamers Member

You are preety much set IMHO.I would change from Forti to CoH, drop the BK for a dual leech rare and would get a few more life charms with a nice second mod. The second mods should be FHR to make you reach a BP (8% in your case would get you to 48% if Im not mistaken) Resistances (to raise the ones with 32 and have a nice stack) or AR (the more the better). Single mod lifers are good enought, if you cant get second mods.

My setup is quite the same. I prebuff fade, BO, shout and BCommand, and after I get to red portal, I take around 3~4 minutes to bring the charm back in town, poting twice at the most, whenever life taps take too long to trigger, and never geting back to stash to change gear. Howl and Life Tap: These are all you need besides swinging frenzy.

Cheers

11. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Ok that gave me alot of confidence.
    Just gotta get that CoH and a Horn for my Brain...
    Thx alot for the info :smiley:

12. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

If you haven't already, check out my 1.11 Multi-purpose Barb guide. Its a good place to start.

You should do fine. You have enough crushing blow with lwz and your resists will be stacked (although after Mephisto's conviction your light res may be 73. -- If you switch to fort it may go lower. I keep CoH equipped.

Here is some simple strategy if it interests you:

Enter the portal, go up and to the left, to the corner where Wirt would be, then creep slowly toward town and draw out 1 of the monsters. Engage them 1-by-1 in the corners of the screen if you can. If you have to engage them in groups, try a delerium on your merc to cast confuse. Very helpful to keep monsters on the edges of the screen busy. At a high swing-speed, lifetap will quickly cast again in your kill zone and you will be fine. Since I have confuse, I never use howl.

My frenzy barb can defeat Meph and Diablo easily. Crushing blow and lifetap will do it, just stack enough resists. It's helpful to equip just a little mana leech, to keep you swinging when they mana burn you. Diablo is usually a pushover. His life is monstrous but his attack don't damage me.

Mephisto WILL hit you, so have rejuvs ready if necessary. It can be helpful to lure Meph into a house, at the right angle his lightning damage will be absorbed by the walls, and the summons elemental attacks won't reach you. Against Meph absorb lightning is helpful, try a Wisp Projector ring.

Baal is only a problem when he spawns a lot of minions. His spectres are immune to physical, and frenzy is mostly physical damage. If possible, I engage Baal last. If he spawns too many spectres then I wait for confuse to cast and lure Baal to a spot around the houses in town. His minions will sometimes get left off-screen or get caught around the houses. He will mana burn you the most, and with the spectres everywhere its not good.

The ubers don't always spawn minions right in front of them, sometimes they spawn a few yards away, so if you can lure the boss into or around the houses in Tristram, you can avoid the minions, and to some degree, the boss can be isolated.

There's no shame in using potions or going to town in between boss kills. I usually stock up on potions before-hand just in case I encounter bad circumstances. They will heal, but not to full strength, and its only the last bit that's really difficult.

Good Luck!

13. Squaric

Squaric IncGamers Member

how did you get 12k AR? As of now i can only hit 6k (lvl65)

14. soul killer

soul killer Banned

I was 7k before i got an inventry full of AR/Life Gcs,they help ALOT.