Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is maxing Mind Blast make a big difference in PVP

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by hkisbatman, May 8, 2005.

1. hkisbatman

hkisbatman IncGamers Member

Is maxing Mind Blast make a big difference in PVP

Hi i am building a PVP assassin with high lightning damage trap and 102 or maybe even 174 fast cast to stun the hell out of them with mind blast. I was wondering should what I should do with my last skill points?

20 Lightning Sentry
    20 Death Sentry
    20 Charged Bolt Sentry
    20 MIND BLAST OR STATIC WEB SENTRY?

Does maxing mind blast really make a difference in the stun length on other players or is it such a minimal difference that I should put my remaining points to complete the synergy for Lightning Sentry?

2. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

The stun difference probably isn't going to be huge if any at all. The bigger reason to max it is for the damage it does since you could keep stunning them with it while dealing damage at the same time, kind of like a long range Smite :p.

3. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Maxing mindblast increases swirlie duration. You have to differentiate between swirlies and stun animation. As long as you have the swirlies over your head, any damage you take will stun you. So in that sense, increasing MB level gives you a tactical advantage over other players. The length of the stun animation is determined by the target characteristics (base FHR and increased FHR equipment). The damage of MB, even when boosted into the 40's is not that high. It can be useful to finish off opponents with low life via name-lock spamming, but it doesn't function as an effective killer all its own; unless your opponent is a low-life variant with poor physical damage reduction (MB is physical damage).

Fast cast on MB helps to stun because it's damage will automatically trigger stun animation when it hits. If you cast MB very fast, then it will "fill the spaces" between sentry hits, thereby giving you a more continuous stun lock situation. Don't go for the 174 BP though, the equipment sacrifice is really too much for that final frame.

4. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

The damage is also very nice at high levels. Trust, me it will add up over the course of a duel.

5. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Does no dmg vs ba and like 1 dmg vs es sorcs.

6. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

But it does stun them and inflict swirlies, and that's the most important part.

7. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

My Ghost's MB does 264-274. It does quite a bit when you're namelock spamming it.