Is it worth trying for a Pride Polearm to increase Skelly damage?

Rianna

Diabloii.Net Member
Is it worth trying for a Pride Polearm to increase Skelly damage?

I have enough runes now to make a Pride Polearm but will the concentration aura really benefit my skellies?

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
All I'm saying is try on a Woe Stave on your merc before spending the runage on Pride. It has the same freeze mod and it sucks for raising armies/CEing.

newerest

Diabloii.Net Member
arbing said:
USE IT ON UR MERC FOR SURE and you will have an uber army =)
Don't make such a stupid response without reading the link that Leohappy gave....

I think that you should make an iron golem out of an infinity and use the pride on the merc. =-O

arbing

Diabloii.Net Member
newerest said:
Don't make such a stupid response without reading the link that Leohappy gave....

I think that you should make an iron golem out of an infinity and use the pride on the merc. =-O
i was just kidding... no need to get so offended :p
plus i think the idea of giving the pride to ur might merc is a good way to increase the damage of your skelles :confused: am i missing something??

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, since nobody wants to check the link out, yes. The Conviction aura helps skeletons hit since it reduces monster defense. Normally, skeletons have lousy accuracy until you've far exceeded the level of the monsters you're fighting (they use your level in the to-hit formula).

While adding another 300% to base damage sounds pretty sexy, it won't even double their damage. The actual base damage of skeletons is really crappy. It's only because the skill has its own built-in ED that the skeletons do decent damage with a lot of skillers. It's only that crappy base damage that's getting enhanced by all your damage enhancing auras, whereas a conviction polearm will allow them to hit a lot more often which in effect increases all damage across the board.

The other big problem with Pride is that it freezes monsters. An awesome mod if you have a build that doesn't rely on corpses, but when your merc keeps shattering everything, it makes resummoning a pain and Corpse Explosions few and far between. If you want to see how annoying the freezing effect is, try out a Woe Stave on your merc for a while. It has the exact same level freeze mod and he shatters just about everything.

HafidzMD

Diabloii.Net Member
newerest said:

well, pride is just bad, but if u insist, it should be the other way around, pride IG and inifinity on merc.

hmm.

sir goatscelot

Diabloii.Net Member
Imho, there's nothing wrong with using pride on your merc..if you want to do it, I say all the power to you. My friend has made both and we have tried them with our Summoners. Too make a long story short, there both good and we did not prefer one over the other. As you can see by the thread that was posted before, its still debatable as to which is better. All I can say is that if I had to decide between the 2, I would prob go with pride. As always mate, its your choice and it can't be a bad thing either way :)