Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by shade449, Feb 26, 2004.

1. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Is it worth it?

I recently aquired an eth arreats with 195ed and 4 ll. I planned on zoding it but now I'm not too sure. Is the extra defence worth the loss of a socket? Or would I be better off using my normal arreats(196ed, 5ll) with cham? That way I could wear angelic ammy plus two rings. If I went with the eth arreats I would have to use a ravenfrost so I could only use one angelic ring. Also, what would be the better glove, ik gaunts or steelrends. I like the ed on the rends but the strength req is so high. And the iks have 20 to dex too. Please help, this is my first barb in the new patch.

Oh btw, this barb is going to be pvp ww.

2. 6stringspanky

6stringspanky IncGamers Member

no....dont waste teh zod......save that helm for a merc or something..or peddle it off to some new kid. dont wast a socket or a zod for it. the normal one with the cham will be great for a barb.

3. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Keep the cham one, and steelrend is better imo, if it has good stats. Both are pretty good though, 20 dex saves a lot of life, but I prefer steelrend.

4. shade449

Ok thanks I'll try to trade away the eth arreats. About the steelrends, I was planning on using wrymhide enigma. That way I wouldn't have to put a single point into strength. However, if I use the steelrends I would have to use archon plate enigma. Is steelrends worth the life I will lose?

5. rickster

rickster IncGamers Member

If you plan to pvp, and duel against barbs, enigma is not the best choice.

These armors will do nicely

http://rickster1317.freeservers.com/photo2.html

Or you can use stone runeword armor.

Well with steelrends you do more damage so you leech more back. It helps compensate for the lose of life. I'm pretty sure all the top barbs use steelrends unless someone can tell me otherwise.

6. shade449

Well I duel against other chars too. As for the valor, enigma will save me tons of points in strength so I'll gain more life than with valor. Plus enigma has dr and massive r/w. And leech is nerfed in the new patch so life > leech by far.

7. ploof

ploof IncGamers Member

I know that you've already dropped the whole arreats idea, I just wondered...

does anyone have an idea of what that arreats woud have if he elited it?

does anyone know whether an elited arreats would have better def than an ethereal normal (exceptional) arreats?

And wouldn't eliting an arreats be cheaper than paying for a zod anyways? I'm probably wrong what with the fact that runes were heavily duped, but zod's still drop about one in a gazillion.

:scratch:

8. shade449

well im nonladder so I cant upgrade the arreats.

9. Taz

Taz IncGamers Member

Upped arreat can get even lower defence than it`s exceptional version (low chance but possible). From what i`ve tryed so far is a game of chance as arreat slayer guard`s base def is 120 and arreat guardian crown`s base def varies (random?) from 117 to 168 i think.

10. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

What Taz said, and also, even if you upgrade something, ploof, it stays ethereal, so he'd still have to buy the zod.

-Hal

11. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Do NOT upgrade an ethereal arreats. The recipe is bugged in that the ethereal defense bonus will disappear and it will be like a regular elite arreats but still have the annoyance of ethereal without the better defense! This applies to all ethereal armor piece types.

12. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

He's right, i checked it out in the loader, so no use trying it.

-Hal