Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it time to solo Ubers?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Dako, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Dako

Dako IncGamers Member

Is it time to solo Ubers?

I know there's been a lot of threads like this lately, but it seems to be a common question, especially with Smiters.

I was only wondering if my smiter is ready to solo ubers. I've done them twice with my friend already, but I was wondering if it will be possible for me in the future. I have here a list of my equipment which I either have or will have shortly in the future. Please note that I am not rich and probably don't have any way of receiving an item such as Grief.

-Shako(Um)
    -Guardian Angel(Um?)
    -Silence Phase Blade(for the +75 to resists)
    -HoZ(Um)
    -Mara's(hopefully +25 or more)
    -Dracul's and Laying of the Hands(+350% damage to demons)
    -Goblin Toe
    -Ravenfrost and Dwarf Star
    -Switch: Wand of Lifetap

I'm not sure if I'm worthy enough:tongue:, so I'll need to take some experts' opinions.

2. TeknoRat

TeknoRat IncGamers Member

1. Might want to switch Shako w/ Guillames for more CB.
    2. Definitly need to use Dracul's for the Lifetap.
    3. Might want something stronger than Silence PB, althought it should work if you have no other option. Maybe a Stormlash or Redeemer for a different weapon. As long as you hit the last Zeal/Smite BP you'll be fine.
    4. If you're worried about Reists you can prebuff them with the RW Treachery and its CTC Fade. Its pretty cheap (highest rune is Lem).
    5. Could always go with the RW Duress which is cheap too, (Highest Rune is UM), gives you CB, RES, OW, and FHR.

As long as you have lifetap you'll be fine, just keep hitting the uber with lifetap cast and youll keep refilling your life bulb. Since Smite always hits then you should be fine. Also make sure you only wake one of the ubers at a time when soloing and if RES is still bad vs Meph think about turning on salvation to face him.

3. SmittySixTen

SmittySixTen IncGamers Member

While we're on the topic of Uber Trist, what exactly causes Meph, Baal, and D to spawn? The first Uber I did took me forever because I didn't know what to expect. Second one was a breeze, but I still don't know what actually causes those suckers to appear.

4. Dako

Dako IncGamers Member

I have a Stormlash(Ber) in my inventory just in case I have to use it. And yes, I'll try that fade thing.