Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it the best game ever?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by king-crab, Feb 23, 2004.

1. king-crab

king-crab IncGamers Member

Is it the best game ever?

I was wondering today if d2x is the best online game ever made? Personnaly after years playing it i still enjoy it like the first day i played (i just wish i can say the same about my girlfriend........no..... just kidding on this issue).Anyone knows if there will be a diablo 3?Knowing patch 1.10 was final on d2 and it changed many aspects of the games,if by any chances d3 comes out in the future what will it look like?

2. hc_ugajeremy

hc_ugajeremy IncGamers Member

diablo 3 = world of warcraft lol.

i've enjoyed diablo for a while now, never got that big into playing online till the expansion came out. and yeah, i definetly had an arguement or two with the ex gf over this game.

3. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

We need a ladder reset!

Things drop to well to let it run much longer as I am almost unbareable loaded with good stuff and I started xpac a good 3-4 months after you all as I started with Classic at 1.10 release.

4. RottweilExpress

RottweilExpress IncGamers Member

Just to give another other angle to STINGERS opinion about droppings. Well, I try to put off time now and then and play, and as soon as I hit hell I tend to die. Either it's a particulary nasty boss, a dirrrty tp/wp or it's just bad fkn luck with the lagg.

So I got pretty much nuttin' in my stash worth mentioning. Oh, I found my first Ali Baba today. I guess I'll die before I get around to mule it, haha.

5. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Personnaly, uber finds seem to go to everyone else except me. Part of that reason, however, is I havent walked around too much in hell yet. But someone is getting good stuff and I have been lucky to trade for gems or recieve as gifts.

I have to agree that this game has totally captivated me. And its not that I dont have a life either. I work, I have a family I support, and I have other outside interests. But as far as relaxing with a good hobby, I'd rather do this than watch mind numbing tv. The idea of midgets vs. camel racing on Fox comes to mind. The other bonus is the online interaction with friends you can meet. My f/list runneth over, and thats a good thing.

6. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Yes, I believe this is the best online game ever.

No other game in history has made me play so much.

Main reasons for me is the hardcore aspect, pvp aspect, and online interaction aspect.

7. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

Yeah, best game ever. I refused to buy this game for two years after it came out because I was so addicted to the first one. But eventually I did. Whoa is me.......... can't.......... stop............ playing............ just..... one .... more ... run....

8. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

"Things drop to well to let it run much longer as I am almost unbareable loaded with good stuff.."

Ummmm... gib free itamz plz... need shako.... skullders..... whatever else is burdening you :)

9. Dubiousmeans

Dubiousmeans IncGamers Member

I 100% concur with this - I also have a family and I only play when I can, but it's addictive kinda like golf when you hit that ..one..great ..shot...you gotta have more.

10. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

The best game there ever was, the best game there ever will be!

11. YouHaveMail

YouHaveMail IncGamers Member

Most replay value, atleast.

12. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

I find starcraft the best game ever(If it is why am i still on d2?) LoL

13. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I haven't played many games, and Diablo is the only one I've played online, so my opinion maybe doesn't count. I think it's a great game though. After playing for a couple years, I still have a lot to learn and do. I have a job and family, but I have played quite a bit - sometimes to the detriment of my other obligations. :rant:

I'm afraid to try Evercrack or most other online games. Diablo has been plenty addictive for me! :thumbsup:

14. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Uhm, patch has only been out for what, 4-5 months. I know for a fact that you've been playing d2x for more than a single month as you were already playing it when I came back in early December.

But anyway... yes, ladder reset please.

15. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

BW BW BW BW BW BW BW BW BW BW BW BW.
    No question about it.
    This game is annoyingly addictive, but so are slots/VLTs. You don't see many people claiming that slots and VLTs are the greatest games ever.
    BW on the other hand is a game of skill, not of time. You don't NEED to spend countless hours MFing to be a top BW player the same way that you do with D2. Once you've got the game figured out you don't NEED to keep playing for hours every day, working on specific skills in BW is fun. Trying to find a shako by doing a couple hundred meph runs is not fun, just addictive.

And yeah, ladder reset please so I can get myself re-addicted...I need a D2 fix o_O
    EDIT:
    And WoW will be D3 the same way that WC3 was SC2. (IE it wasn't, and it won't be)

16. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Sorry, the only acronym I know for BW is BoneWall.

17. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Who says I didn't mean bonewall is the best online game ever?

18. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Wife asked me the other day when I might shedule a week of vacation and what we might be doing ..

I immediatley began thinking D2 for a whole week !!

Sad isnt it !! :lol:

19. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Hmmm

Ladder reset, & perhaps I'll be back (at least 'full-on'). But I doubt it. I'll probably stay in Asia.
    HC hasn't been the same for almost a year now: 1.10 changed that for a lil' bit, but now the kids are back - stronger than ever (call me 'ageist', I care not).
    I like the dueling/pk/pkk scene (not that I'm any good ;) ) - and there are just too many painful kiddies in the US realms, I'm sorry to say. 'Tis spoiled for me.

Cheers

20. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

game that i've spent the best bang for my money? Has to be this one, although I've effectively played the game out.

Best online game? Thats a hard question, as frankly any game that can be played online can be included and there is alot of talent out there, and any game that is played entirey online would be ahead of this (due to design).