Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it really that bad?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Kanibull, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Kanibull

Kanibull IncGamers Member

Is it really that bad?

By "it", I mean the lag. Is it really as bad as people are making it seem? Over at the Battle.net forums, all I see is "the lag is unbearable" posts.

I just got the game, and after an hour or two of playing, only lagged I think once, which only lasted a few seconds.

I really hope the game isn't ruined by lag.

-Kanibull

2. sgriffin

sgriffin IncGamers Member

The lag is getting pritty bad. It hasn't gotten to the point of breaking my D2 addiction yet but then again I have a better internet connection than some. So for me it hasen't ruined the game but it is getting really anoing:undecided:

3. Kanibull

Kanibull IncGamers Member

Ugh...That sucks.

4. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Most of the ppl crying over lag never played d2 on a p1 with a 56k. It's really not that bad (on east), although some games may spike.

5. jumpman8828

jumpman8828 IncGamers Member

Yeah, I've had a couple nights of bad lag but for the most part it isn't substantial enough to bother me.

6. TurboC--

TurboC-- Banned

It's not lag. It's server fits. BTW, I was just in a solo/public game for quite a while with my hammerdin, killing all kinds of varities of bosses and monsters like a good little player, and the "lag" not only slowed me down at one point, and not only made me lose connection, but now it says I am "temporarily restricted from realm." I have ONLY ever had that happen when I tried to keep switching characters too fast, never while I was just PLAYING. Ridiculous...

7. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Its not bad all the time...but when it gets bad..hell.. might as well not play. The spikes hit ever couple of minutes and its just painful to play like that :banghead:.Im on 1.5 mb adsl so the connection shouldnt be the problem.

8. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

I used to have that a lot, it's really weird when you start up diablo, solo quest for an hour or longer in a single game and suddenly get a connection interrupt while your internet connection is running fine.

Now the games are just laggy, anytime the ping hits 100+, I miss a few steps on the screen.
    And everytime it hits 500+ to 4k+, prepare to lag out completely.

9. Aiglos

Aiglos IncGamers Member

First time ever, just now, was TOTALLY disconnected from BNET. It's not a realm down...something else entirely on EAST server.

It gave me the 'modem' error message and everything. Yet, I switched over to West, just to see if I could even attempt a log in and it let me. I couldn't log in, of course. However, it did let me try.

Must be a problem with EAST server.