Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it profitable to gather pgems and other crafting supplies ? der

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by DarthLeader, Apr 20, 2008.

1. DarthLeader

DarthLeader Banned

Is it profitable to gather pgems and other crafting supplies ?

Hi all,

I am currently wondering if it's profitable to gather pgems and other crafting supplies for other people or I should just stop that to concentrate myself strictly on mf and leave those things on the ground.

Or maybe I should re-roll gcs ? If I ever find a baal gc, does it keeps it's ilvl of 99 after a re-rolling ? (If so, I think I'll take one and re-roll it a huge number of times).

By the way, I play on USEast SC L and my clients pay as follow:

6 P amethys = pul (yea really, the guy really wants them)
    1 pgem = 1
    P saphir = 1,5
    Nef = ort = sol = 1,5
    Ral =2
    Pul = 35
    2 lem = pul
    2 pul = um
    Hr = 160
    20Nef = 1 um
    20Ral = 1 um
    40 Prubies = 1 um
    20 Magic Vampirebone Gloves = 1 Um
    20 Magic Armets = 1 Um

DarthLeader

2. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

Re: Is it profitable to gather pgems and other crafting supplies ?

mf = luck
    crafting supplies = work

i would say take them and put them on mules. wont hurt and it will get your wealth growing even if your mf doesnt pay off.
    i consider gems, jewels and runes as a bonus and i always pick them up (flawless and ral+).

rerolling is only an option if you are really wealthy. iirc, every 11th reroll is a skiller and most of them are not worth much.
    on the other hand, with 100 pgs you could buy a decent equipment for some new char.

nm chaos sanctuary seems a good way to get flawless gems for me. 3 - 5 per run, every three minutes.

3. LouisLeGros

LouisLeGros IncGamers Member

I'm stubborn and use every Pgem I get on rerolling trying to get skillers...

So far I've only been able to trade one of em away. I've rolled the following skillers

Summoning
    Shadow Disciplines
    Passive and Magic Skills
    Bow and Crossbow Skills
    Warcries

I think it might be more profitable for me to just make a meteorb and do runs through NM searching for charms. I'm still selling almost everything I mf for gems to try to get lucky. So I'm sure you could find plently of fools like me to take advantage of with collecting crafting supplies. I probably could have gotten a low enigma by now if I had just saved my gems... so ya gathering them is worth it.

4. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

The other option is to start crafting yourself.

Anyway, I'd say it is only worth it when you really go after them. Collecting flawless gems nightmare andy doesn't seem smart. You can better keep her junk and sell those for pgms if you really want pgms.
    On the other hand, if you really go for it, you can get good things fast. About 50 perfect amethys and you've got yourself a hr. If that ain't worth it, I don't know what is.

Though as said, unless you really go for them, I don't think you will ever get high enough quantities. You have to go for it, or leave it.

take me for instance. I have now a lvl 69 fire ball sorc made to run nightmare countess - for runes - nightmare andy - soj - and nightmare mephisto. If I kept all rals from the start, I'd have about a hr and I'm only doing this for a very short time.
    Besides that, I want to get a cowrunner to find gems and possibly the higher runes.

5. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Personally I'd pay a hr+pul for 40x p amythest and hr for 40x rals so it is very profitable!

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I'm picking up all flawless gems. All my main characters have a Baal GC in their cube and I reroll them when I have three pgems. Regarding runes, I keep Spirit runes and Ral and everything beyond that while I leave the lower runes on the ground. I'm selling these runes in packs for Pul+. I don't keep junk jewels.

I never craft items. IMO it pays off more to sell the crafting supplies.

7. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

Before I got filthy rich, when I started D2, I always collected all gems that dropped + all runes I found, cubed them up and sold in a larger pack.

After a some months, when my wealth increased alittle, I only collected normal and flawless gems and runes ral+, and sold in a larger pack.

When my wealth got bigger, I only collected flawless gems and rals+, and sold in pack.

After that, I went to purchase the packs to reroll gcs or craft.

Now my wealth has growned even further I purchase the skillers I need.

So, to answer your question, Is it profitable to gather gems/runes/craftpacks?

It depends on where in the "foodchain" you are.

8. DarthLeader

DarthLeader Banned

@carnivore: thanks for info, I might try nm chaos for flawless gems. Maybe you're right, we don't get a good skiller often, even if it happens 1/11 of the time.

@LouisLeGros: You must be a Quebecer, like me :smiley: Thanks for showing the possible results :)

@sweetalmonds: you pay or you get paid ? If you pay that price, how do you make your profit ?

@krischan: you're number of post is VERY impressing ! If you keep all rune from tal to up and re-roll baal gcs, it's probably because it's the best way... What's the fastest way to get a baal gc ?

@KremBanan: Thanks for that nice history of how things change as you become rich !

NEW question: does baal gcs keep their ilvl when you re-roll them ? If so, I think I'll try to re-roll them a few times just to see

DarthLeader

9. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

Yes they do. They are the only ones that can get 41-45life. Thats why you see people wanting Baal gcs.

Note: The therm 'Baal gc' also includes Diablo- and Nihlatak-gcs.

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I'm doing enough Baal and Diablo runs for my needs. I'm avoiding those from Nihlathak because it's normally hard to distinguish them from those dropped by his minions.

11. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Violation!!!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  12. DarthLeader

DarthLeader Banned

Could you be clearer please ?

DarthLeader