Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it possible to survive a slit throat

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ace_wanderer, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

If you can survive a point-blank shotgun suicide you can survive anything.

Ow.

Would that count as a war crime?

Jesus, that's awful.

2. Ranger14

Ranger14 Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, I was with a friend who had tried to commit suicide and was in a coma for 5 days. When she found out about Amanda she realized she had things pretty easy. Amanda was the inspiration story of the whole unit. She should have never survived, especially being out in the elements of the desert for over a day but for some reason she did. Fortunately it was in December and not summer. She went through hell... :sad2:

3. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Probably but our military is built for guerilla defense. If we do get attacked then all rules are off. The 5.56 mm assault rifles get tossed and the 7.68 mm's picked up. Glass and composite shrapnel, all manor of anti personal mines and explosive charges.

Imagine it like Iraq but where the insurgents have years of military training. Several with S.E.A.L training and are as well armed as the US military. Thats the idea.

4. MadMachine

MadMachine Diabloii.Net Member

I've just torn up your application for Canadian citizenship. :wink3:

5. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Oh fiddlesticks!

6. GrimAngelNamu

GrimAngelNamu Banned

ZOMGWTFBBQ????

7.68mm = | | for those of you unused to metric. That's fricking insane. Johnny is my hero. In fact, that throat pinching thing went right in my aim profile.

7. Ace_wanderer

Ace_wanderer Diabloii.Net Member

Wow that is insane, must be a tough cookie to continue fighting for her life that long. My respect for Johnny has gone up ten fold.

I love Prison Break as well, Peter Stormare's acting is superb.

8. WildBerry

WildBerry Diabloii.Net Member

Who makes those? The other common cartridge is 7.62. Are you making those yourself? That'd prolly be a smart thing to do if you could hold on to the production capacity, but I'm not sure if you can count on it in a guerrilla warfare situation.

9. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Yeah I meant that, Typo.

However all 7.62 mm ammo is different. You cant fit a bullet made for an AK47 into an AK4 because the size of the bullet as it exits the barrel is a different size even though they originaly are of the same caliber.

We mainly use the 5.56 mm AK5 (Modified FNC 80) because its a nicer weapon unlike the instant kill AK4 (H&K G3)

The idea is that with 5.56 mm AR that you wound people and then comes the official story

"if you wound 1 person then you need 2 people to carry him back so you take 3 people out of action"

But what they told us was

"If an enemy is hit by a 5.56 mm bullet he falls down and starts screaming then when his comrades come to help him you gun them all down"

"With 7.62 mm he dies instantly and his comrades will just keep up the offencive"

However the AK4 will punch a hole the size of a fist through the targets body and even if you hit someone in the arm or leg it has such force that it can stop thier heart. Plus any form of body armor is ripped to shreads by the 7.62 mm ammo.

At the same time if an enemy hides behind a tree and you use 5.56 mm ammo you have to go around the tree and get him. if you use 7.62 you just shoot through the tree and through the enemy.

The idea is that we adopted the 5.56 weapon because its more "civilized" but we still keep the 7.62's around, ready for actions and they are the main weapon for all defense-only forces like the home guard.

10. WildBerry

I know, it's about the cartridge length as well. Some of it is the same, however: I've no doubt in my mind however that we still use exacty the same cartridge as our friendly neighbours to the East. You can guess the reasons. Why make your own if you can pick some up as you go?

11. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

7.62mm? I use it all the time.

in Soldier of Fortune...

Do you work in a hospital? You might've said before and I just forgot.

12. buttershug

buttershug Diabloii.Net Member

There is a woman who was a victim of an attemped murder suicide.
    She had her throat slashed. She's in serious but stable condition in a Toronto hospital at the moment.

13. MadMachine

Aren't 7.62 mm those DU Nato shells that were banned a few years back because they gave some Canadian soldiers cancer?

Is that about the thing at York University on Tuesday? There was a 19 year old girl who attacked her 20 year old boyfriend in an attempted murder-suicide.

14. WildBerry

There's a lot different of 7.62 cartridges. The most famous of which fits AK-47.

15. MadMachine

Huh. I always thought 7.62 mm were known as NATO bullets.

16. Johnny

Johnny Banned

The closest reference I can find to "nato bullets" are the bullets specialy made to peirce body armor.

But 7.62 mm ammo has been around for decades. many different weapon uses that caliber of ammo.

17. MadMachine

Ah, those'd be the DU - Depleted Uranium - shells. Depleted Uranium is harder than regular slugs and gives them extra piercing power. Unfortunately, the side effects... it's frickkin' uranium.

18. grimreaperofsouls

grimreaperofsouls Diabloii.Net Member

have y'all heard about the radioactive artillery shells? Supposedly Saddam Hussien was working on them in Iraq before we attacked it. He was supposedly making them to fit a new cannon he was making that was like half a mile long or sumething like that. Its approximate distance it would have been able to fire the radioactive shells is about 250 miles. I saw this in a report on the Discovery Channel. Kind of scary huh?

19. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Thats alot of "supposed's" in there.

Are you sure you didnt mix that up with the london bomber cannon that the germans where building?

20. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere Diabloii.Net Member

I think you mean the V3.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-3_cannon