Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it possible to get alergic reactions from working on your house?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by diablo loves donutz, Oct 2, 2006.

  1. diablo loves donutz

    diablo loves donutz IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2005
    Messages:
    1,390
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    466
    Is it possible to get alergic reactions from working on your house?

    H guys. Well, for pretty much the whole day, I've been feeling quite awkward. Last night I was at a friend's house and I woke up this morning at around 7 (I'm an early bird, can't help it:rolleyes: ) And my face, mainly my cheeks felt really weird. You know the feeling when your hand, or arm, or leg falls asleep? That's what my cheeks felt like. And for the rest of the today, everything started feeling funny. And as of the past few hours, EVERYTHING has started to become itchy. At first my mom assumed it to be poison ivy, but I'm positive I didn't touch any last night, and even if so, it would be isolated and not everywhere. Another assumption she made is that I could be getting an allergic reaction from the construction going on upstairs-we're completely tearing everything apart, refurbishing, drywalling, carpet, etc, the works. And even though I wasn't up there for to long, my mom and dad said the dust was real bad and that there might even be asbestos. I'm just concerned because I've never been allergic to anything before and it's odd for something like this to happen now.

    So what I'm asking is has anyone ever became sick or had an allergic reaction after working on their house/construction or become allergic from something you assummed had no affect on you at all?

    Thanks for listening guys...

    *Scrathes everywhere*
     
  2. {KOW}Spazed

    {KOW}Spazed Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2003
    Messages:
    11,578
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Asbestos wouldn't make you itchy.

    Plenty of stuff to be allergic to though, Drywall and carpet pads would be my first guesses. Maybe insulation.
     
  3. diablo loves donutz

    diablo loves donutz IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2005
    Messages:
    1,390
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    466
    Well I was certainly around a lot of all of the three. My whole day yesterday consisted mainly of tearing up and carrying away drywall, tearing up carpet, and being around old insulation...a triple threat :(
     
  4. bg1256

    bg1256 IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2004
    Messages:
    4,436
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    466
    Of course you could have an allergic reaction.

    Case in point: dust allergies. A common allergy - I have a reaction when exposed to too much - would be very common when working on a house.

    Not to mention countless others.
     
  5. llad12

    llad12 IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2003
    Messages:
    6,189
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    466
    Yep, breathing in dust mite turds can really set some people off ... :shocked:
     
  6. ffejrxx

    ffejrxx IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2005
    Messages:
    6,286
    Likes Received:
    13
    Trophy Points:
    166
    same with mold and other allergies
    if its really dusty where your working you should be wearing safety masks

    have you been rolling around in fiberglass insolation?
     
  7. Bortaz

    Bortaz Banned

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2003
    Messages:
    11,312
    Likes Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    0
    OMG Mesothelioma!
     
  8. Dutchman

    Dutchman IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2003
    Messages:
    1,726
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    347
    Mould would be my first thought if you have never had a dust issue in the past. Many types of mould are extremely nasty even in small quantities.

    Dutch
     

Share This Page