Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it possible to dupe on accident?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Bulgarian, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Bulgarian

Bulgarian Banned

Is it possible to dupe on accident?

BEFORE YOU FLAME, read.

A while ago i remember trading a charm with someone and having my computer freeze(this was on open). Then when logging back on that character the charm would be gone. Would the opposite be true? If you give your charm to someone and you have your computer freeze then when you log back on you would still have the charm as well as the one you gave to your friend?

2. Blazing

Blazing IncGamers Member

that works on open because u never saved ur character...on closed ur character is saved.

3. kobold

kobold Banned

I believe I have heard of this happening, but not in the way you describe.

I think that if you were to give a friend a charm, and your computer froze, you would either:
    a) have the charm and your friend wouldn't (roll back)
    b) your friend would have the charm and you wouldn't (still saved)
    c) both of you lost the charm (if the charm had sat on the ground when the interruption occurred)

4. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

yws , it is possible...it happened to me once....it happened during a server reset...if you have ever been on one when it happens you will no doubt recall the in game message you get and the countdown....i won't describe exactly HOW it happened though.

5. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

I've accidentally 'duped' four PnB charms in a very laggy xfer game once. It dropped me right as I pressed the 'accept trade' button, and when I came back I had my four PnBs and he had the four I had him hold.

The extra four were gone when I entered another game.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

In 1.09 I had a game crash or something like that while muling. After that, a Tal's armor and probably a few other items got duped. I decided to bring both armors into the same game and one of them disappeared IIRC.

7. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

On open I had a laggy game while transferring a Doom Bringer Sword (back when these were good) between two of my characters (I was using two computers.) I got dropped from the game and ended up with two swords when I logged back on, one on each character.

Just a month ago on the realms here I was trying to transfer some gear. The gear would fit but the "trade" didn't accept the configuration and "duped" two wizard spikes. However when I left and rejoined the game I ended up with only the original two daggers.

8. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

I did "dupe" by accident... I once traded a Botd Colossus Blade for a BA, then the other guy left and I got connexion interrupted. I had the Colossus Blade back. The other guy probably kept a copy, since his character was saved with my CB...

9. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

I have the same experience too.
    Back to 1.09 when I was muling normally, I recon there are two IDENTICAL rares within two mules. I recon they both exist until I put the rare together in a mule.
    Dang! If I know when bnet is lagging I will be duping master :laugh:

10. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I accidently duped a bunch of PGems once while muling with a friend. Too bad I wasn't muling my Tyraels around. :rolleyes:

11. tepe

tepe IncGamers Member

I once duped a guy into thinking I could dupe. He gave me a quiver of arrows, then I quickly saved and exited ...

12. Bulgarian

Bulgarian Banned

the title to this thread was originally going to be "who has ever accidently duped" i thought the title right now would be more appropriate because i didnt know many of you have had experience with this ><.

Unfortunatly i havent been as lucky :cry:

Someone PM me the details :laugh:

13. LeegionOnEast

LeegionOnEast IncGamers Member

Once I traded an Elemental GC for a Lightning GC and then got C/I'd. I got the Elemental GC back. Boo, I needed the Lightning GC. It didn't poof however.

14. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Although I didnt see both items, a friend of mine, who I know well in real life, swore blind he had two rare hand axes drop from the same monster, with exactly the same stats.
    He equipped them on a barb..thought they were cool...logged out.When he logged back in one was gone just as if someone had duped it.:shocked:

15. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

16. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

I once duped a TO helm. I was making the staff in act2, while transforming i immeditly put the staff back to my inventory, some weird lagspike or whatever later and i was looking at 2 trang oul helms.

The duped one i couldnt pick up however, it was just an image. After opening a trade window it dissapeared:D

Dupe and poof in 1 minute, wow.

17. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

You should have tried switching it with another item and then dropping it on the ground =O

18. SheldonTheMagnifacent

SheldonTheMagnifacent IncGamers Member

Happened to me once I think. I had made a free game and gave away a few items, left the game and in the next game I has in I still had the items. Not sure if the other person still had the other items or not so I can't be sure if they we're duped.

19. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

I traded a pul and 2 lems for 3 hkeys and 3 tkeys during a very laggy game. Later on the guy I traded with told me he had his keys back and wanted to trade again. When I logged in I had the keys also and no runes. We just left it that.

20. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Like I always say as long as both parties are happy with the trade its a good trade.....:laugh: