Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it possible to change a character's name?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by barren, Apr 13, 2005.

1. barren

barren IncGamers Member

Is it possible to change a character's name?

A simple straight forward question that probably has the exact same type of answer:

Is it possible to change my character's name without an editor? I'm only asking this because I have a habit of putting barren in all of my names, except for 1, and he happens to be the only pvm character I have who cuts it as a dueler :lol: It just helps people recognize me in mp games.

I suspect it can be done much like how you can turn the hc "switch" on and off by editing its value in your registry. All characters have their own registry entries and those probably include their name.

2. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

You can change names in ATMA.

3. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

I believe ATMA can change a character's name, but you might consider that an "editor"... I don't. It creates a duplicate copy with the new name and it's up to you to delete the old one. At least that's my understanding, I've never done it.

4. Amiral

Amiral IncGamers Member

mark well, that when you change names in ATMA, all that it raelly do (at least in my version) is to create a new char with the new name, at the same level, same skills, etc. unsure about if itamz are duped too...

5. JihadJesus

JihadJesus IncGamers Member

It just creates an exact copy of your character file with a new name - so items are duped in the process. Just make sure you delete the old character once you've loaded up the new to make sure it works. Might be a good idea to run the dupe detector after a couple of days, too, just to be sure.