Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it possible to build a "cheap" melee sorc? if

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Lyndis, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Is it possible to build a "cheap" melee sorc?

My dream eventually is to be able to build a melee sorc that can solo Hell in one player settings without problems, but I don't think I'll ever be able to get anything more expensive than a Passion runeword for example. I'm also veyr worried about fire immune, and while having Crushing blow gear and a merc can help, but I'm not sure if I can deal with fire immunes. Is it even possible to build a budget zeal sorc?

Does anyone think it'd be worth it to max out Frost Nova since it can be synergized with the level 16 blizzard from a Nord's tenderizer on switch? Or would it jyust be faster to hit things with the Nord's tenderizer? Or perhaps I should just go with a Might merc, get some crushing blow, and hope Lister dies quickly enough from zealing? Or maybe just give a witchwild string to an act1 merc and hope the magic damage is enough?

2. Darkflight

Darkflight IncGamers Member

The "without problems" part makes it impossible. If you are willing to spend A LOT of time on it, it is quite possibe, but it's NOT easy.

3. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Well what kind of things might make it easier? What non-uber=-expensive item can really help out?

4. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Four piece Immortal King (Maul, Belt, Boots and Gloves). Use your masteries to enhance the damage from the set.

Yes, I do think people will look when they see a Sorceress prancing around with an Ogre Maul.

5. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

well, if I use an ogre maul, that frees up lots of points that can go into Vitality...I'll need plenty of faster hit recovery however.

6. ninjalotus

ninjalotus IncGamers Member

for pure fhr id suggest stone. it has fhr, a bit of resist, str vit and nrg. plus the big defense.

also guilluame's face has fhr, crushing blow and deadly strike

7. dreamofwinter

dreamofwinter IncGamers Member

If you are a poor man dreaming of a melee sorc, I know how you feel, I also started from scratch just a couple of months ago. My advice to you is to build a hybrid caster / melee sorc. You will be a pure caster until you can get decent melee equipment. For instance, try this:

20 blizzard
    20 ice blast
    20 ice bolt
    10 cold mastery
    1 teleport
    1 static field

Even with worthless equipment, your blizzard and ice blast attacks will be devastating, and you'll still have 30+ pts left to fill out your melee skills (place points in melee skills after you have done your casting skills.) In my opinion, meleeing with a sorc is a suicidal proposition until you have expensive equipment, and this includes an Infinity on your merc. I would recommend using your attack spell to magic find until you can afford those pieces of equipment. Don't be afraid of casting spells with your melee sorc -- after all, you are a sorc. ;)