Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

is it possible Shadow Assa???

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Bladex, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Bladex

Bladex IncGamers Member

is it possible Shadow Assa???

I am attempting to make an Assasin Purely use Shadow Disc Skills, is it possible because i have not seen anyone try it. I at level 22 8 CM 5 WB 5BoS and 4 spare. if it is not possible what can i do to salvage her.

2. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

I don't think it has been attempted mainly because it probably won't work. In order to take advantage of Claw Mastery and Weapon Block, you would need two claws, but wearing two claws really has no advantage to it if no Martial Art skills are used, they just attack one by one (alternating claws), perhaps a little faster than claw/shield or sword/shield, but it's not worth it. Perhaps the closest build that would work with most points into Shadow Discipline is a Dragon Claw build since that is about the only skill you will use, but from my personal experiences, it doesn't work (others say different).

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I think it will be very difficult to take an Assasin through Hell using only Shadow Discipline skills..Of course if you have a very strong merc/shadow and use Mind Blast a lot you could get through, but it will be slow going. Since you're only lvl 22 and you haven't really distributed a lot of points you can still "salvage" your character. It's definitely not too late to branch out into Martial Arts, which seems most logical since you've put points in CM and WB. Just check out some of the stickied guides and you'll see that your skill distribution doesn't differ all that much from theirs.

And welcome to the forums:)

4. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Hmm, isn't there some trick with SM or SW that lets it do insane damage, something with letting it use various skills which will be high level and thusly synergize some other skill, alot. (You are not using other skills than shadow, but your minion is :p)

Maybe some kind of Mind Blast/Thorns assa (covert some monsters and boost them with Might + Thorns to put the hurt on other mobs) and support with high level venom and Widow Maker? Sounds like a very cool challenge. :thumbsup:

5. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Well WW assa really uses only shadow skills :lol: , WW is not really an assassin skill so it doesnt count as a martial art or trap or whatever :D

6. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

That is true if you could afford Chaos, but if you don't, then Martial Arts will be needed.

Weapon Block has gotten conflicting information and I don't know which is true. Some say that it doesn't work while moving while others say it does. But if you wanted to try...

20 Claw Mastery
    20 Weapon Block
    20 Burst of Speed
    17 Shadow Master

Or something along those lines. Weapon Block and BoS has diminishing returns, but since there are only limited amounts of skills you could use from the Shadow tree, those are probably your best bets. Venom is an option too, but I don't find it very useful in Hell since there is a universal resistance against it.

7. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

It is difficult, but I believe it has been done on several occasions. I think the typical skill outline is something like:

20 Mind Blast
    20 Shadow Master
    20 Venom (used with ranged weapon or whirlwind and boosting shadow skills)
    X Psycic Hammer (I hear this can be useful...)

Add a strong physical merc and there is your team. Thorns, Might, or Holy Freeze all seem like good choices to me. Get some faster cast gear and blast away. But, this will not be a strong build; at least compared to a trapper or kicker. Fun, challenging, but not a powerhouse.

8. Bladex

Bladex IncGamers Member

Thanks everyone. would i be able to save her if i pump all my points from now into Tiger Strike and Dragon Claw

9. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Probably not for hell. :-/

10. phool

phool IncGamers Member

it can be done, i've done a very very similar build on SP, without ever having traded. But i'd never do it again and i didn't even run hell meph twice, nevermind baal. Killing the hell ancients took me -using my rare exceptional bow...! - 2-3 hours. I reckon you might as well start a new char altogether, just take a couple of hours + probably be more fun in the long run anyway. Or do a diluted version of a c/c kicksin, maybe, but you'll never compare favourably to the pure chars.