Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is It Possible for 2 hand weapon WW barbs to beat 1 hand/shield WW barbs?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by MastaLocust, Mar 16, 2004.

1. MastaLocust

MastaLocust IncGamers Member

Is It Possible for 2 hand weapon WW barbs to beat 1 hand/shield WW barbs?

was wondering if 2 hand ww barbs with excellent ar, an eth botd great poleaxe or ghost spear / with the 5 range could beat blocking ww barbs?

2. BT-LightDash

BT-LightDash IncGamers Member

Yes...........

3. Scrub0

Scrub0 Banned

A good shielded barb will always win, but if you get max DR and play extremely cheap (dodge their ww's, run away and tele/ww to them as soon as they get on your screen) you can kill mediocre barbs.

4. World Breaker

World Breaker IncGamers Member

On europe no ladder ive seen a 2 handed barb own all the sword shield barbs in the game. The advantage he has is his weapon range and you only need base dext in you use angelic rings + amulet so he had huge vita. He used a ghost spear. In just BvB they can do very well their main problems come in against elemental attackers or bowazons.

5. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

I personally think it would be very hard to kill a shielded WW Barb due to the fact that the 1-H/Shield barb can actually block, your own Defense wont be enough to dodge a few WW's. Although Damage is on your side it is really a matter of outlasting the other WW'er.

[email protected]~

6. Alkanine

Alkanine IncGamers Member

This would be true if two handed weapons damage was close to one handed. But in most cases it will double even triple the damage of one hand weapons. The only real factor is that 2 handed barb needs to hit atleast once and then the other char will probally be in big trouble if they dont have tons of hp. While the one handed has a chance to block if they dont it could be big DooDoo for them.

7. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

Yes its possible, but if all they are doing is dodging whirlwinds, I will be sure to telewhirl them a few times, and with NO chance to block I will hit them more then they hit me. In my opinion this is not a hard matchup.

8. jjashik

jjashik IncGamers Member

i think that it is impossible for a 2 hand weapon ww barb to beat a s/s ww barb. if the 2hand barb has really godly ar and def (which IMHO is impossible), then it would be possible. if a barb doesn't have a stormshield (assuming that if the barb went s/s they would use stormshield) then thats 35%pdr the barb is going to have to get from other items. to make up for the loss of pdr from the stormshield, one can use a gaze or shaftstop. but if one chooses to use one of these items, then that eliminates arreats or enigma/valor. and the mods on arreats/enigma/valor are just too good to give up.

9. graycloud

graycloud IncGamers Member

assuming no enigma, the 2 hand should win more often than the s/s. and AR plays a huge role. most s/s barbs i've fought who dont use enigma use either valor or levi. super high defense. AR is much needed. trick is to play a little defensively. let them WW first and WW with them keeping out of their range. takes LOTS of practice. not even i do it correctly, but i can at least keep a 1:1 win loss ratio against them with my poleaxe vita barb. good fun.

10. Alkanine

Alkanine IncGamers Member

Its not easy but its not imposible

11. PumpShot

PumpShot IncGamers Member

I actually built my two hander to take out elemental attackers and bowazons. I'm getting to where I really like the tele-whirl. Most of the time, I can catch them off guard or catch them while they're spamming elemental attacks and take them out with one whirl. Well, the sorcs anyway. Necros and Wind Druids are a little tougher.

I've done some BvB with my two-hander, but I generally lose. I haven't been able to perfect whirling just out of thier reach but still within mine. I'm getting better, and as my levels go up, I'll be better off. Also, since I'm in ladder, I have to find or trade for all my good max/ar/life charms. This has been really expensive. So, the more charms I get, the better I'll be.

On a side note, is it considered bad dueling to use the demon limb and enchant yourself? It gives a decent AR boost that's very helpful when dueling melee chars.

Oh, and here's my setup:
    eth botd great poleaxe : 397%
    steelrend : 44% :(
    up'ed arreats
    up'ed gore riders (i know, i wasted the runes)
    verdungo's
    enigma archon plate
    angelic combo
    ravenfrost

max damage is about 7.1k
    max life is about 4k
    I'm level 81

Edit : That max damage is without the enchant

12. StrikexForce

StrikexForce IncGamers Member

your gonna get ripped to pieces with 4k life

13. PumpShot

PumpShot IncGamers Member

Sorry, in ladder I can't stock up on 3/20/20's like you probably can.

14. wisedoor

wisedoor IncGamers Member

Can go
    31 - Crown of Ages perfect ber ber (2 socks)
    15 - Verdungos / String
    And there´s the 5% innate DR from heavy armors if he chose not to ber the armor or not go to CoH or Enigma.

15. jjashik

jjashik IncGamers Member

that is possible to do. but if crown of ages is chosen, then the 20% ar bonus wouldn't be there from the arreats which would help hit a lot more (which i think is really important to a dueler with no shield)

16. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

I don't do very much PvP, but how is dodgeing their ww's cheap or BM? are you expected to just stand there and allow yourself to be ww'd? I can understand the tele away run back kinda thing, but if someone is whirling right at you how is it cheap to move outta the way and then move in for an attack?