Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it me or is Aldurs set worthless (and an armor question)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by terrymanning, Feb 17, 2004.

1. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

Is it me or is Aldurs set worthless (and an armor question)

I just got my wind Druid (yeah I'm running out of builds to try) to level 71 and I am starting to look for an end game armor. I looked at Aldur's set armor and then looked at the whole set for bonuses and stats. What a joke. Even for a shapeshifter. Couldn't they come up with anything better or am I missing something?

Right now he is using Que-Hegan's mage plate. Any suggestions for an end game armor? Thanks in advance for your help.

TM

2. senji

senji Banned

engima
    chains of honor

engima works good on wind druids

3. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

It's not you. The hat is better than it was in 1.09, which kinda tells you about the set :barf:

Some options:

Vipermagi thingy - you also spamming the spinny tornado thingies?
    Lionheart - Good old Lionheart
    That one runeword armor I can't remember - Nef + Lum?
    Enigma or the other one with massively duped runes :teeth:

I had a viper thingy and it worked real well until I died.

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

grrrrrrrrr

Resisting urge

5. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Comeon, Chains and Enigma for Terry? We all know he's not a dupe using player.

Terry, equip that Druid like you would any other caster. Aldurs is not for you.

FCR is important if you use Tornado, so probably go Wizzy and Viper. I put a Lidless on my Druid just for more FCR and skills. Get ahold of a Glooms if possible (depending on your mana regen rate). Magefists, believe it or not, add skills to your fire attacks - if you are an Armageddon druid that's always nice.

If you like to take a whack at monsters put an Earthshaker in your switch. Gives you plus three elemental skills and if you upgrade it (possible) to a Legendary Mallet, it's NOT that bad a weapon in Hell.

Aldurs is nice and all, but it's still for a Fury Druid (and the weapon does suck), and Elementalists tend to allow their spells to do the damage - much like sorcs.

6. senji

senji Banned

well he ask for end game armors so i just listed a few
    oh and don't think all engimas are dupes i know some people actually found those runes despite people thinking they are dupes

viper magi lion heart etc those aren't exactly end game armors a +2 valor will be much more better than those and you only need 100% fcr for wind druids for fast casting and spamming

@stinger
    dupes are for noobs hehehe whatever you think
    people have different opinion on dupes etc

7. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

:big grin:

Ooooooooooookay!?

8. Naheet

Naheet IncGamers Member

I think viper magi and lionheart are good end game armors. Both have nice resists, and both have low strength requirements (depending if you choose a good armor). Nothing wrong with Lionheart in hell, I use it and still use it for most of my characters, regardless of class. Sure there are better, but not absolutely necassary.

9. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

My Wind Druid is currently Using a "Stone" runeword armour. The Clay Golem provides another tank and greatly assists in taking down act bosses with the slow. The 60% fhr and the stat points are gravy and it does have 15% res all.

Viper is hard to beat for skill pumping, res and fcr.

+1 Valors are cheap, +2 Valors aren't terribly expensive to get if you have something decent to offer....everyone is using the duped stuff, so the price has dropped. Great if u are trying to pump skills and for life.

Depends on how u play. If u spam massive numbers of tornados, then u will need fcr from somewhere..I get my fcr from a HOTO that I use.

Prez

10. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

Thanks for all of the responses. I appear to be a few runes short for all of the high end armors. Oh well. Thanks again.

TM