Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it just me..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by seb, Apr 21, 2008.

1. seb

seb IncGamers Member

Is it just me..

Or does it seem that SOME Atheist's only purpose in life is to TRY and prove anybody and everybody wrong if they believe in religion. I actually did read the whole thread from Plasmo and guess what..im still Christian..

AND if you try to say, "Well Christians try to push thier faith on everybody, look at what the European invasion on the Indians in North America did, they converted them by force" then i will simply say yes, it did happen, but is it happening now? most likely not, it was in the past.
    Also, if you call a christian any type of name for trying to convert some1 to the Faith of Christianity, or any other religion who trys to do the same, but then you try to prove why there is no such thing as God or Religion for that matter, are you not doing the same thing as the group of people you have just made remarks of.

I have looked into every possibility of how there could be God, and into every possibility of how there could be NO God, and obviously im still Christian.
    I dont understand why some Atheists are fighting against God, what are your trying to gain from this? If you believe in freedom of religion and that people shouldnt push religion, then why are you pushing Atheism? Are you not the same as the people who you have shunned?

take a look at these links, now try and prove them wrong..

http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/main.php

http://www.proofgodexists.org/

P.S.-im not trying to blast any Atheists, im simply putting out my counter-example against some of the Conjectures that i have seen especially from Plasmo's (not being mean against you plasmo, just pointing out that you made a few threads like that).

Double P.S.- PLEASE!!!!! no fighting, i dont want any of us to hate each other for whatever reason, if you make a statement against someone's post, please try not to make it offending to the person.
    example) guy 1: flying spaghetti monster is so cool and real.
    guy2: there is NO flying spaghetti monster you idiot!! your so dumb, spaghetti is a food!!!1!1!

2. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Re: Is it just me..

That is exactly where people are arguing, there is no scientific proof and that can be used to argue either way.

3. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

Well, I can tell you right now this thread will end up badly. But for the sake of conversation, I shall converse.

I myself am...Atheist, I guess you could call me that. I've gotten in a more conversations with Christians about this topic than I care to say. And I find that it is a never ending battle that will never be resolved, and its futile to argue about it. But for the record, I hate people that push any religion on anyone, and the next god worshiping babbling fool that comes to my door is going to get a very rude greeting...

My train of thought is gone, going to end this now :D

4. th5418

th5418 Banned

5. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

It's just you seb.

6. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

If I say that I don't believe in absolute truth I am asked:

"Absolute does not truth exist: Absolutely true or false?"

Either way I answer it takes me back to the page where I answer if absolute truth exists. It seems like a parody.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  7. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

I'm not religious and I do not believe in 'god'. I usually don't go into religious discussions, but to make my point clear: I dislike religion in general, but I respect people who like it and are religious.

However:
    This is a great point. I just hate it when religious discussion arises, and the 'atheists' immidiately start flaming all believers with a really agressive attitude. Alot of people I know that calls themselves atheists are pushing their anti-religion to the point it almost becomes religious.

I'm not going to try and prove your links wrong, and I don't mind what you or anyone else believes in, as long as you don't try to force me to believe the same.
    Just sharing my opinions on aggro 'atheists', just because of how some people go so aggressive against religion with their atheist opinions, I always choose to call myself a non-believer rather than an atheist.

Flying spaghetti monster :rolleyes:

8. Calcipher

Calcipher IncGamers Member

That site was entertaining. When first asked if absolute truth existed, I truthfully answered "I do not know" and it kept looping the same question in circles until you answer yes or no. So I suppose to use this site you have to be absolutely sure about everything you believe in. Step four on absolute moral law I disagreed with, seeing as depending on where or how one is raised determines that person's morals. I got a kick out of the last part:

And to answer your question, Seb, it does seem like some atheists' purpose in life is to try and prove religion wrong. Just like it seems that some religious peoples' purpose in life is to try and make everybody believe their religion. Sort of like that site.

There are probably always going to be people who are going to try and convince others to do things their way. The best thing to do is ignore them and follow your own path.

9. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

it's just you seb.

10. TjejKast

TjejKast Banned

11. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I'm just trying to spread The Word. Isn't everyone else trying to do the same? And speaking as an atheist myself, religious people pushing their values on everyone else is not 'a thing of the past'. I've been hounded by it many, many, many times. From oh-so-subtle hints that I'm just going to hell (which doesn't bother me itself, it's the smugness with which religious people imply such) if I don't believe what they believe or flat out being told that I'm morally bankrupt because I don't have someone else tell me what my morals should be or flat out that I'm an inferior person for not believing in god. Yeah, I've got my issues with religion. Do I care if other people believe in it? No. But don't expect me to agree with you that it's the truth. If I think it's a crock, which I do, and am asked for my opinion, I'm not going to pretend I don't have one just to avoid hurting your feelings. If you choose to debate with me about it, I'll fire back. With absolutely no expectations of convincing you, or care to do so, but with the intent of airing my opinions in a situation that calls for it. Atheists are allowed to have opinions on religious people and their beliefs, too. They shouldn't have to wave it around like some do, but then so do some religious people. Not all of them, but let's just face it. Dip****s are at the behest of no religious denomination.

12. ragnar_ii

ragnar_ii IncGamers Member

Agreed. I truthfully answered the questions, and got to a point where the site told me I was being irrational and that if I don't change my beliefs then they can't prove God exists.

13. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Gold.

It's an overrated way of saying "we're right and if you don't believe us you're just stupid."

I especially liked the fact that when I insisted that absolute morals don't exist I was essentially told "Yes they do, you're wrong and I'll pray for you" and kicked out. Nice. So much for their proof.

14. BobCox

BobCox IncGamers Member

Seb, Hey Can I Sic you and Mormon Kid that wanted to kick my *** on a Scientolgist?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  15. Carino

Carino IncGamers Member

I think that a lot of atheist are pushing back at theists more so these days because they are tired of theists trying to force religion in their lives. By this I mean pushing it into schools and politics. From what I've seen the average atheist doesn't care if someone attends church or prays, etc. However, they do care when people try and force their children to learn ID, or if they are persecuted for their lack of belief.

16. Feared

Feared IncGamers Member

That site is so wrong. It wants you to believe that the laws of science are completely static.

17. th5418

th5418 Banned

It says the laws of science are immaterial. I sure as hell can see the laws of chemistry.

18. Holeinthesun

Holeinthesun IncGamers Member

Just because I'm willing to believe that A god exists doesn't nesecarilly mean that I believe YOUR god exists. I'm quite willing to believe that there are a number of gods and that monotheisism is a mistake. I'm am also willing to believe that the whole concept is a complete human invention and we live in a godless uncaring universe. Does that make me a heathen, an atheist, an agnostic? I have an opened mind and anyone pushing their own personal agenda is a belief that they are right and that all others are wrong. I love vigorous debate, but preaching always put me to sleep.

19. Gertlex

Gertlex Banned

It's just you, seb.

20. th5418

th5418 Banned

Anyways, we missed you seb.