Is it just me?

Corneo

Diabloii.Net Member
Is it just me?

3/5 times I log on to here, there is a database error. Is this happening to anyone else?

Jonas

Diabloii.Net Member
I get the same thing. It gets really annoying when you type a Reply that takes up 10 minutes of your life, only to have it erased because of a database error. AHH. :grrr:

PublicEnemy

Diabloii.Net Member
Jonas said:
I get the same thing. It gets really annoying when you type a Reply that takes up 10 minutes of your life, only to have it erased because of a database error. AHH. :grrr:
Ctrl+C/V to save your post just in case the server *edit* up

Raft Boy

Diabloii.Net Member
Ditto. Although one of the neat (to me, anyway :teeth: ) side effects is that threads show they contain less replies than what they actually have. Before I replied to this, there were 3 total posts that showed on the main board. I step in here, and I see 6.

Funky. :)

-Rafty

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure they're working on it as I type.

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Raft Boy said:
Ditto. Although one of the neat (to me, anyway :teeth: ) side effects is that threads show they contain less replies than what they actually have. .
I get that too. i been getting them for almost 2 weeks now.

It must be some sort of error with getting the database error after trying to post a reply?

PublicEnemy said:
Ctrl+C/V to save your post just in case the server *edit* up

Thats what I've been doing to everyone one of my posts. I usually have to post it about 3 times before it goes through. Then once it goes through it have to refresh the page about 3-5 times before I can go to the main page.

Lone_C

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I've been getting the same thing where it doesn't update the last post, even though the post went through.

CaptJoe213

Diabloii.Net Member
it's getting very frustrating, but such things happen I guess.

for awhile I thought it was my computer, and so I swapped OS's, browsers, etc with no luck....dumb arsed me lol

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
I hate to say it, but the technical quality has taken such a downturn that I feel it won't be worth it to continue donating. I mean, if I can't hardly ever get onto the site anymore, I simply won't visit it, and if I don't visit it, why would I donate? I really DO hope they fix it soon though.

Anakha1

Banned
Lone_C said:
Yeah, I've been getting the same thing where it doesn't update the last post, even though the post went through.

Hold ctrl when you hit refresh. That forces it to get a new update.

Corneo

Diabloii.Net Member
giantpinkbunnyhead said:
I hate to say it, but the technical quality has taken such a downturn that I feel it won't be worth it to continue donating. I mean, if I can't hardly ever get onto the site anymore, I simply won't visit it, and if I don't visit it, why would I donate? I really DO hope they fix it soon though.
OTF rebellion!

Jigga-Scrooge

Diabloii.Net Member
i juked him, then i jacked him

and it says it sends and e-mail everytime one of those things happen. ive sent about 89 e-mails.

Shaigon

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say 4/5 times for me.
I get it constantly.
It is VERY annoying and has been happening for days now.

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
It happens to me more at home than on the college network. It takes a while to load at college, but at home I get three or four database errors before I finally get to a thread, and I can't post a bloody thing.

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
Guys, I cain't believe you are complainin!!! Database errors KICK ***!! The white screen of legendary doom is my best friend, nothing is more soothing than seeing that :teeth:

I'm guessing it will blow over soon enough, especially with all the new donations they've been getting lately. :scratch:

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if it is dii.net or rpgforums.net related?