Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

is it just me or is mf pretty dead

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by fgh24, Mar 29, 2004.

1. fgh24

fgh24 IncGamers Member

is it just me or is mf pretty dead

Well I made a new sorc b/c my old 1 just wasnt finding ne thing. 100 meph runs later best thing i found was reapers toll. running around 518 mf. Just wondering what everyones else luck is like and how much mf u guys run.

2. Mad Merlin

Mad Merlin IncGamers Member

...and you're complaining about finding a Reaper's Toll?

3. det

det IncGamers Member

..its just you...

4. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

8% mf, and things have been dropping like flies... (maybe my standards are just too low... :D )

5. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

Tr7y the pit, meph is ugly.

6. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Best way to find items is to be looking for something else.. I was on a string of bad luck finding items so i was looking for grand charms to re roll from either meph or andy. 25 runs later no gcs but 2 reapers , arachnids / 3 gheeds / gaze and tons of other pgem fodder.

last 250 pgems ive used cubed the following : cold sorc skills gc / warcries gc / trapper sin gc / shadow disc gc / 15 res all + 6 life gc / 13 res all gc and psn and bone skills gc

7. Dangerous Old Man

Dangerous Old Man IncGamers Member

Just you me thinks. I had the best MF weekend I've had since the patch. Things were dropping - and all over the place. Shaftstop in the river of flame on the way to Hephasto. Spire, frostburns, silkweaves, bonehew, lycnaders bow from baal. Cats Eye, Crescent Moon, Atmas Scarab from Andy. Meph gave up a unique eldritch orb (very cool) and I didn't even know there was such a thing. Pindle gave me Mav Diadem and three runs later, the bow to go with it. Various nagels, manalds, etc, etc were found along the way.

Best I've done in a long while. So streaky. It's what keeps you coming back. If you always found good stuff, you would quickly stop MFing. If you never found anything, you'd stop MFing. Balance, as with most things in life, is the key.

DOM

8. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

i'm not sure if this is good or bad luck, take it either way.

my profile now reads:
    new mission: do 500000 eldritch runs (but now i kill pindle too)
    reward: i can quit d2
    runs so far: 600
    notable finds: shako, gull, 30% deaths fathom, 6max/8fhr lc, alibaba

so yes, in 600 runs i found 2 godlies and not much else ><

9. fe-crazywolf

fe-crazywolf IncGamers Member

try experimenting and lowering your magic find, it sometimes works for me since with more magic find it is just a higher percent chance to find magic and rares in comparison to uniques cus the chance to find uniques goes up a lot slower,thus a good proportion of magic find to get more uniques to drop I think that has worked for me is around 300-400 mf. This however has not worked for me for pindle since he does not get the act boss drop benefit and drops uniques very sparingly so more magic find on him is better, if you can safely kill pindle with 700 magic find you should find some really nice stuff that has been my experience.

10. fe-crazywolf

fe-crazywolf IncGamers Member

and magic find isn't dead it's all luck like they always say. My friend found a soj, war travs and arach mesh in only a few hours.

11. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

My mf Druid runs Crypt / Masoulem both these areas hold lvl 85 monsters then i do pit then off to act2 anicent tunnels then i do worldstone lvl 2.

Rinse And Repeat

275% mf on druid 75%fire,cold,85% light,55% poison

alittle slow at the killing casting tornados requires skill lol

12. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

Huh? Sorry but I don't think I understand your post.

If you are trying to say that a lower % mf on a character helps to find better items, that is not true. Go with the highest % that will still allow you to kill safely and quickly. If you are twice as slow at 500% as at 300%, go with 300%, for instance. Other than that, persistence is the key.

I agree that good items don't drop often enough. The game is set up to hook you for eternity (insert evil laugh here)!!!!! :evil:

13. 0takuPryd3

0takuPryd3 Banned

Since we're on the topic...

I was wondering if it's worth it to get more MF. Currently I have something like 390, but if I find some tradeable items I could easily get in the 600s. Would that be worth it, or should I just stick with 400 or 500?

14. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

I am currently running Eldritch, Shenk, Pindleskin, Andariel and the Pit and documenting my finds in the form of a "100 MF runs later" style composition so that I can prove once and for all that it is possible to find nothing of value at all.

So far my best find has been Twitchthroe, after 20 runs. Or Giant Skull, if you consider that to be more valuable/harder to find.

15. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

IMO, 390 is PLENTY. Beyond that, the diminishing returns really kick in. I wouldn't go with more unless you can somehow kill faster with more. :lol: