Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it just me or is far-casting against monsters suicide?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Von Lazuli, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

Is it just me or is far-casting against monsters suicide?

OK, building a new amazon, a javazon this time, using Charged Strike and Poison Javelin. Now, as this one is intented as a duelist, I thought I would practice legit farcasting a lot as I leveled so I would be a bit more ready when I finally started dueling with her.

Now, here is where it become strange. I am farcasting correctly, appear to be throwing javelins etc but there is a a slight delay before the lightning spikes appear on the monster. Also they are swinging at the air near them and I am getting hurt. This is naturally quite bad.

Now, I am wondering, since the position of monsters is stored server side, and my position is stored both server side and client side, is farcasting just a desync between the server and the client so that on the server you run to the monster but on your screen you remain where you are?

Laz

2. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

What is farcasting?

3. MasterAkihabara

MasterAkihabara IncGamers Member

casting far. Lol

4. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

From what I understand, and I've been legit farcasting for _a while_, when you legit farcast you confuse the game into 'thinking' that your CS is carried onto the javelin. It then has to balance things out, and normally with CS you need to move next to the target, so it moves you there very quickly and only temporarily. You can see it in PVP sometimes - they'll move next to you suddenly, and then pop back to where they were. Some people use that temp desynch to tell if someone is legit FCing (which is GM IMO) and FCing with a mod.

I have no idea if that's correct, I'm only making an educated guess from my experience.