Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it just me or are R/Ds a lot more frequent now?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by 5Ws, Apr 11, 2005.

1. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Is it just me or are R/Ds a lot more frequent now?

Unreal, R/D 3 times in 3 hours...
    Until today, I can switch characters and enter mule games for at least 6 times before I get kicked, but this afternoon, holy ****, three chars, down. An hour later, two chars, down AGAIN! And I just got kicked out for the third time...
    So much for controlling botting, seems like the only ones getting owned by it is legit players...

2. ScruffyhawkIII

ScruffyhawkIII IncGamers Member

wait 20 seconds before switching characters. this will prevent the standard realm down from switching characters too fast.

3. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i havent gotten a realm down recently where it actually says like, "REALM DOWN" at the character screen. i have however, gotten many where im booted to the main menu, and cant even enter the account screen. usually happens when im mulorizing.

4. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

I was doing a trade though, so I didn't want to keep the guy waiting...
    A lot worse for me today...
    LOL, "mulorizing"...

5. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

I believe I read in a thread here somewhere that blizzard takes into account recent previous realm downs when you are playing; so when normally you could switch mules 6 times fast before realm down, once you've been rd'ed and get back on, then there is less tolerance for similar fast entering/exiting. Not sure of how they actually regulate this though; my guess is over a 48 hour period they track it. The more you try to access your acct during an rd, the longer the rd lasts too, depending on how often you try to logon.

6. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Well, I get lots of disconnections for no reasons at all too lately. My ping is low, connection is fine, my computer is virus free, I have no programs running while playing Diablo, not even Msn or Winamp.

Yet, Bnet chooses to disconnect me a lot at random times for no reason at all. I enter Bnet, I select my char and enter I game, sometimes I get kicked after 5 seconds, but also after 10-25 minutes of playing?

So, what's the deal with that? Do I move around too fast in that game? Or do I use my skills to fast? I don't get it. I really don't.

And with happening a lot I mean: about 3 times per hour, for no reason!