Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it bnet or am i just unlucky

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Madagou, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Madagou

Madagou IncGamers Member

Is it bnet or am i just unlucky

So today i was about to xfer all my items from my lvl 86 sorc to my level 1 sorc, so i dropped my tals set, enigma, eth cv insight and alot of 11res sc's.
    Now there were about 7 ppl in there including me, it was a mule game
    So i exited the game and quickly switched to my low char, but when i tried to rejoin it said game was FULL, THIS HAS HAPPENED 2 TIMES before, now after bout 30mins, i get to rejoin, but to my frustration there is only 3 ppl left in the game! i find this really unlikely since i have been trying every second to rejoin, and theres no way 5 people would instantaneously (spelling) leave a game at once.
    So i lost my enigma and my precious eth cv insight

The last 2 times this has happened i lost a pul rune and an um rune, but like this situation, both the previous times were xfers with high level items, such as torch and BK, both i dropeed on the ground.

Now i'm wondering is it karma or just bnet trying to piss people off?

2. Solus

Solus IncGamers Member

This has happend to me on several occasions so I learned from my mistakes and created a game had a member from a community of gamers im in GO RCORP!!! anyways yeah made the game passworded and it goes so so much smoother than waiting for a mule game and have it fill up, after uve droped items like those and have them taken/lost. also its possible for there to be less that what it says there in there or more depending on whats going on but their might have been people just pop in stay a few secs thinking ohh ohh mules they must have freebies for my lazy [email protected]!.... and then leave when they notice that everyone must be afk because who wants to sit for 2 hours for their mule to perm or whatnot...

3. DANIEL3RD

DANIEL3RD IncGamers Member

Are you saying you dropped all those items on the ground with other players in the game?

Why would you do that? Were they strangers?

I mean theres no way I would drop any thing of value on the ground in a mule game or not. Never ever do that.

Why didnt you just make a norm game, password it and stay ingame for 6 minutes. Then drop your stuff and then exit and rejoin with your mule. Or better still get a mate you can trust to hold the items for you.

4. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

If he did drop his items in a pubby game I guess he hid them somewhere.
    But it was not his day, the game glitched.
    When a game glitches, battle.net will report the game being full when it isn't. It's like the counter in there can go up, but doesn't come down. Kindof like lag, but not the same, since people in the game can play normally.
    This can indeed last up to 30 minutes, by which time most items will have vanished. Simple socketed items(grey name) for example only last 5 minutes on the ground.

If it's expensive, get a person you can trust (preferably somebody in arms reach) to hold the items for you. Otherwise, you are taking a risk and you shouldn't complain about the outcome.

5. RareBear

RareBear IncGamers Member

Yea, private pw games always work for me, but I always xfer my items in under a min.
    As soon as you create a game and leave right after, it lasts for about a minute, this gives me the time to switch chars and join the pw game right away. Always works for me, but I wont do it much at one time, because of those annoying "temp bans", and "failed to join game" error.

6. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

Never drop anything unless you are prepared to lose it... Private game or not... Someone saw you drop that stuff, and called all their friends in to loot you, possibly... I always self mule... 5 minutes in a pass word game is all you need...

*Requiem_Death

7. Big Boss

Big Boss IncGamers Member

you can also post in one of the help threads here...i for one do check those threads to help where i can.

8. Creep

Creep Banned

Or buy a second copy of D2 and run two instances at once. Since the day I did that I have never had to rely on anybody for anything, be it muling, rushing or whatever. I can self rush with a higher char on a 2nd account, and I can have two of my own chars in a private game at once. Have not lost a single item since.

Can buy the Diablo battle chest for cheap these days, and its not like there is a subscription fee or anything.

See this thread for info on running two instances on the same computer (XP required).

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=435822&highlight=copies

BTW this is completely legit.

9. YuriFedrov

YuriFedrov IncGamers Member

i dont think you should xfer with 7 people in the game:undecided:

10. Zalcitabine

Zalcitabine IncGamers Member

Lately i joined some mule games hoping to level a low character faster with the extra people in the game.

I was quite surprised (even if i shouldn't be, i know) to see some high level characters that camped the game just to try to steal the stuff some other guy would try to transfer.

There's even one particular guy i saw in three different games - on three different days. Talk about having a nice way to spend your life.

11. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Make sure you hint that you're trying to xfer, and then drop a bunch of junky stuff by the Cold Plains waypoint. Remember to take screenshots.

12. AndrewTheGreat

AndrewTheGreat IncGamers Member

I never leave precious items on the ground. The risk of me trying to join and getting "game doesn't exist" when somebody is in there is too great. Very frustrating

13. Creep

Creep Banned

sometimes for laughs I join a full baal run game and type "nobody come to rogue camp while I transfer my COA" then leave the game.

Of course I didnt drop anything. but they don't know that.

14. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

iv made mule games and had people join to xfer junk, and see others take it and leave :undecided:

15. Zalcitabine

Zalcitabine IncGamers Member

I actually saw him steal a steeldriver and a couple tal runes from another guy...no kidding

And you thought that method wasn't productive? Silly you! :rolleyes: