Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it anyone else who thinks its to easy to find stuff? if

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by R2R2, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R2R2

R2R2 IncGamers Member

Is it anyone else who thinks its to easy to find stuff?

In the last 5 mfruns my assassin found: Grandfather, Windforce, 2 Shakos, Steelrend, Viperfork, Wartraveler, Wisp projector, Natures peace, Raven frost and plenty of rares and lesser uniques. Im starting to get bored and hopefully they reset the ladder real soon.
    I suppose allmost all of u have the same experience about mfing, that blizz must do something for ex lower the droprate and the most logical would be to do that in a ladder reset.

2. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I stated this a few times, even predicted Tals armor to go for Gems before long!

The mistake is they didnt merf boss drops as they mentioned at one time, or makign ti so you have ZERO MF after your first quest kill.

I have a long list of items that I either never had before, or only traded for, or only ever had once at any givien time in 2+ years taht i have collected easily in my rather short xpac time compared to most of you.

Ill go for a reset, but it wont happen until we get 99's everywhere and with Blizz's past history who knows when it will reset.

3. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

I haven't really found that my item finding luck has changed from 1.09 to 1.10. If you notice that you're finding too many things, feel free to throw some my way :D

4. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Where did you run these 5 runs?

5. sorcees

sorcees IncGamers Member

I can not agree with this, i have no ueber characters, and MF'n in HELL (pit, act1) takes a lot of time (i have to survive), so best unique i found till now is a vipermagi (and lost it 3 days later with the death of my necro).

So for me HCL is still a challence.

B.t.w. where did you do this MF-run?

6. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Well, the struggle to get that one good MF character can still be long, but anyone that has a well built sorcy with some MF and runs a lot is loaded. i have made a grand total of probably 20 runs on my new sorc and found a good number of things.

I have more crap now that is high end than I had all of 1.09. Now please note I ran Classic most of my time and only did about 2-3 months of Xpac in 1.09, and I also started Classic in 1.10 and have a similar amount of time there. Only difference is that I made an MF Barb very quickly in 1.09 and I just finished my MF sorc this week. Probably did 500+ Hell Meph/Baal runs in 1.09 vs my 20 in 1.10. Maybe its all just luck but i doubt it, I find something almsot every day.

One sign i also take to make my statements is trading. People have an over abundance of things like Wizzys which werent all taht easy to come by before, and i already have found 4 Occys, and 5 Vipers!!! Runes in the Hellforge never seem to be the really low ones. I NEVER got an IST in 1.09 SC or HC with many many many characters made and I have gotten 3 already, same goes with Gul as I have 2 of them. My Rune mule as far as Hel and higher is at least 3 times higher numbers than all my runes together in 1.09.

How many IK Barbs do you see? Giz Pallys, Mavs zons even thouhg Zons with a bow basically stink, and Trangs Necros. Hell if I can get trangs helm I have the full set, have Disciple, Heavens Bretheren. Griz, Heavans, IK, Tals, trangs, nats.....sets were all difficult to get. Had to get certain pcs only in certain places, now there are MANY places.

Shako is still a tuff one to get and trade for but IMO it is solely due to the fact a hughe percent of the characters are casters now. We use to have tons of barbs and zons who didnt get much out of the item.

BTW, that GA that all the pallys want, i have 4! had 2 Shafts, traded one, like 6-7 Lems, 3 Occys traded for one my first one, hell I have SS and DoomBringer, scheafers...etc big list of stuff I never had. i also have about 20-30% of all the new unique weappons!

And hell all you ppl got a 3 month head start on me!

7. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

When you MF a lot, even a half hour a day, you can get fairly rich in this game. Rich enough to outfit most any character with decent rares, sets and uniques that can take you into hell.

I'm kinda sick of magic finding though; I deleted all of my characters, gave away all my muled stuff and have started playing untwinked. Without doing MF runs the game is actually pretty balanced as far as finding stuff goes. However, they really do need to nerf boss runs. Then maybe the economy wouldnt be so flooded with high level stuff.

Note: Shakos are so overused nowadays that I officially hate them, and shall never use one again! :) I smile but I'm serious!

8. fgh24

fgh24 IncGamers Member

You guys are lucky

I have done 100x hell mephs/20x pits/20xbaals(daily) and the best thing i got was an eth spineripper and after that was griz armor. Lately i have found absolutely nothing at all, hell i get happy when find a rare its getting just stupid. btw i run a lvl 89 meteor/orb sorc(450mf) and everything is pretty easy but i just dont find ne thing lately, yes earlier in about 10 mephs i could easily load my stash full of elites but now i cant. The only item I really want is a shako and i still havent found 1. So u people with all your luck quit complaining b/c it can go away pretty fast

9. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

I'm calling BS on the original post. Sorry if I'm wrong, but those items just don't drop often enough for you to have gotten them in '5 mf runs'. Unless you count one day/week of MF as 'one' run.

The thing that sucks about 1.10 is there are pretty much only 2 or 3 effective builds for MF.

Sorc
    Trapassin
    BHammerdin
    Necro?
    Other?

I MF with my lvl 84 javazon. 250-ish MF now (and 170 on merc). And I have YET to find one elite unique. Of course I haven't had much time to play recently, so her MF runs in hell number only 20 or so pit runs and 50 or so eld/shenk runs.

Anyway, Meph is near impossible to 'safely' run w/o maphack. (Yay blizz, design durance 2 to make maphack even MORE useful). Andy is probably the easiest hell act boss, but she wipes out my javazon's merc way too quickly. I mainly do shenk/eld with my javazon as her build makes them the most productive in terms of experience/items/time.

So if you're really finding such items in '5 MF runs' then you either are the luckiest person on bnet or your definition of a 'mf run' is different than most people's or you're bs-ing us.

10. Frezzist

Frezzist IncGamers Member

Ok then, you'll love this. I've pretty much centered my mf runs on Crypt/mausoleum/Bishibosh/Bloodraven with my Armageddon/volcano druid with 200 mf. Real easy, efficient and surprisingly fun since random mods on boss packs can make some situations pretty hairy (I almost died to a conv/le/fe zombie but those things are so slow). I've gotten 6+ elite uniques ( best thing was the shadow dancers boots) just from there, which I consider an achievement based on my 1.09 record, which was 3 elites in sc (two of them from Act 1 hell) and 1 in hc after 2 years of mfing.

So, is it too easy to find stuff in 1.10? Certainly, if you can get stuff like that without taking much risk and not venturing too far from the rogue camp. ( and without having to use chicken or mh) But since the game's challenge has been increased so much, I consider it somewhat balanced, Monster levels should be decreased a bit and certain items shouldn't drop until Hell act 4 or 5. That would help a bit, I think.

11. Wayfaring

Wayfaring IncGamers Member

Agreed... BS.

Not that it couldn't... just that anyone who's done more than 5 mf runs knows that this would be one of the hottest streaks of all time, not come and post some ho-hum message here that mf is too easy. My two cents anyway...

12. stemis516

stemis516 IncGamers Member

i wish i could get a mfer up and running

ive lost to lvl 80 necros in as many days mfing pit/andy/baal all due to lag
    and i lost my 90 sorc because i suck at tele
    my best find was skullders, but that was it never had an mfer up long enough to find something and now all my waelth is gone since i traded to make new mfers only to die with them

i want a new ladder season

13. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

I'm sorry but I think initial poster is just full of bs.No way can you find all those items in just 5 runs.

14. Sip

Sip Banned

ok, if every 5 runs you find that many items, why don't you shut up and sell them on ebay or something? I can't stand people COMPLAINING of all things about how easy it is to find items, especially when i spent all day and yesterday trying to get armor and a helm for my paladin.

Oh yeah, i think its ********e too. How about you give me one of those shakos Mr. l337

15. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

I shall be the fourth one to call BS on the original poster. I've logged 900 Eldritch Hell runs with 270mf Java in the last 3 days, done probably 1500 Pindle Hell runs with 450mf Trapassa and witnessed/done 400++ Hell Baal kills with 300++ MF and I've yet to see a Windforce or GF drop (I have however found IK armor and a Tomb Reaver). I do agree that some people are filthy "rich". Half of those spend several hours each day mfing and the other half turned their duperunes into legit items by trading. Other than than, it mostly boils down to luck or persistence.

Anyway, as always, people using MH are better off, since they can MF Hell Meph with relatively little to no risk. The amount of people not using MH that I know decreases probably every day, since everyone and his mum want's to get the goodies from meph :)

16. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

I'll be the 5th.
    Unless of course, you count 1 run as being 10 days long running hell mephy.

17. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I can't believe the first post. Stinger's luck also seems to be way better than mine. I don't play much lately, maybe 4 hours a week on average. However, all my time for the last couple months has been hell mf runs with over 200% mf.

I've found
    lightsabre
    trang's armor
    a few decent runes like a pul, hel
    nothing else even mid level decent. No good rares or anything.

I realize that some others probably do more than my last few months' worth of runs in a week, but item drops can only be too good for people who want to play 24/7 and still be challenged.

18. Squatdog

Squatdog IncGamers Member

I also call BS on the first post unless his idea of '5 mf runs' is radically different from everyone else's...

I had good luck with Hell Meph runs using my beloved Fury Druid. I could get Meph down to 10% in under 10 seconds and then TP...heal...change into full MF gear...and finish him off. Hell Baal was nearly as easy except a LOT harder to get to, with a higher chance of getting peeled(mainly IM, the Minions and massed Black Souls).

I find my Trappasin is great for MFing areas (wearing full MF gear) but weak against bosses and strong individual monsters.

19. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

How is a trapsin weak against bosses?
    5-25k dmg (5x1-5k) is a conservative amount of damage to aim for and is plenty enough to kill any act boss quickly...Especially if you go with the LR on switch instead of Gull or Ali or whatever.

20. Squatdog

Squatdog IncGamers Member

Comparitively weak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.