Is it a rumour? [ Shenk the Observer ]

theBizz

Diabloii.Net Member
Is it a rumour? [ Shenk the Observer ]

Hello, i've heard that farming shenk is the best if your looking for sojs.. Is that true or another rumour?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
NM Andy has the best chances of dropping a SoJ. But keep in mind that Hell bosses can drop other nice things as well, even if their SoJ dropping chances is a bit lower.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
I haven't plugged the numbers, but I suspect killing all of the NM council will net more SOJs over time, as there are several of them, and are extremely easy to find.

seralph

Diabloii.Net Member
nm council can also spawn Dwarf Star and Raven Frost so only one unique ring of 51 is a soj instead of 1 of 31 at Andy which gives you every time a quest drop

PFS

Diabloii.Net Member
I think the idea is that although the chances are lower than andy dropping you one it is MUCH easier and quicker to kill shenk than it is to go farming andy. Ditto for council - though they're a little harder to kill.

In terms of time (not runs) it might be better to run Council and Shenk.

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
It may be a rumour about shenk dropping more sojs and the logistics dont work as he can drop the higher lvl rings but the only soj Ive found since 1.09 came from hell shenk a week ago.:grin:

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
If you do decide to run NM Andy, it's best to use a character that has glitched Andy.

ANDERIAL GLITCH:

1) Kill Andy THE FIRST TIME in a particular difficulty.

2) Talk to Warriv

3) Exit the game.

If you do this, every time you then kill Andy in that difficulty you will get a glitched drop: only rares, sets or uniques. There may be other ways to do this, but I know this works on LOD, classic, realm or single player.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
odds for Soj

ATMA calc (400MF):
NM Andariel (1st drop), P1 (solo game): 1:1509
NM Andariel (1st drop), P3 1:1030
NM Schenk the Overseer 1:62940
Hell Schenk the Overseer 1:66957

I think you can run Andy once in a minute, Schenk once in 25 secs (rough estimation, I can run Andy twice in a minute in SP with constant map)

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
SirDooFuss said:
If you do decide to run NM Andy, it's best to use a character that has glitched Andy.

ANDERIAL GLITCH:

1) Kill Andy THE FIRST TIME in a particular difficulty.

2) Talk to Warriv

3) Exit the game.

If you do this, every time you then kill Andy in that difficulty you will get a glitched drop: only rares, sets or uniques. There may be other ways to do this, but I know this works on LOD, classic, realm or single player.
Does that still work I thought it was "fixed"in 1.11?I dont run andy much so I havent tested.

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
lagalot said:
Does that still work I thought it was "fixed"in 1.11?I dont run andy much so I havent tested.
Yep. I didn't even learn about it until v1.11. I just automatically do it whenever I now kill Andy.