Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it a good idea to spread the name of diabloii.net? ifra

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Madagou, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Madagou

Madagou IncGamers Member

Is it a good idea to spread the name of diabloii.net?

I mean comon we represent 1% of the diablo players out there, i'm suggesting whenver people do bnet trades or runs etc, instead of waiting for the throne of destruction tp to come up, it won't hurt to say, 'hey come to diaboii.net for reliable trades...'. I know its sounding like those annoying mssge bots, but i think we need a larger audience to this site?

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

If I were to "advertise" this site, I'd rather advertise to my friends whom I know and trust and feel would make a great addition to this forum, not some random people in public Baal runs. The last thing this site needs are "Meteir nerfz teh exp u nubs!!!" threads.

3. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

The reason we are only 1% of the population is because we represent the smarter more informed players. And boy are we rare. Let all the nubcakes in and this whole place would be traveling to unsavory areas in a handbasket quite quickly. The reliable trades would disappear fast too.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

Exactly. I like knowing that I cna trust 99% of the people I've traded with with drops and muling when trades are completed. I'd never do that with Bnet people. To find this place all they need to do is type diablo2 into a search engine. If they can't do that they don't deserve to find it :)

5. Luckymofo

Luckymofo IncGamers Member

I wholeheartedly agree with the above people. We should not let the purity of diabloii.net be tainted with the evil of bnetters. Not sure if Qbi is pure tho :p

6. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

This is already the largest D2 community, other than the official forums, which really isn't a community in any sense of the word, right?

7. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

New people join everyday, why would advertising inside game be needed, especially considering the games can only hold 8 people max.
    Also, all active forums have some trusted traders, and some non-trusted ones, so how is this place more reliable than any other as active forum in comparison.

I see people often saying the runes or items on this forum are more legit than they are elsewhere, now how could that be possible?
    Unless registering to this forum means you'll find high runes and good items, it's not possible.

No idea where you got the 1%, this forum has A LOT of users but not all of them post as actively as others.

8. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

If I was to ask the simple question on this forum, what is the highest rune that can drop from the hellforge i'm sure Id get a unanimous answer of Gul rune.Well pretty sure of it anyway :wink:

Now I was in trade channel on west not long ago and someone claimed they had ber or Lo forget which now,drop from the forge.I quickly corrected them that gul was the highest rune to drop from hell hellforge.For this I received a unanimous NUB LOLZ ...What nub say gul is highest from forge NUB.:rolleyes:To which I tried to explain the drop order ..more NUB... gul highest.. LOLZ.Then directed them to arreat summit to check for themselves...more NUB LOLZ..gulhighest lolzx...:laugh:

If thats the kind of people that are going to be attracted here by advertising in public baal runs Id say NO...definately no.

9. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Haha I see elitary approach. 2 steps forward and it becomes fascism.

There are good people out there who have never heard of diabloii.net. But I guess this community is doing fine with the current level of advertisement.

BTW, I can't seem to remember how I stumbled upon this site. It wasn't in-game advertisement for sure tho, nor did I bring anyone else from the realms here.
    You say Gul highest from forge? LOOOL NUB!!! =))

10. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Hmm you frequent west trade channel then do you....:laugh:

11. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Just be careful who you spread it to, as the banstick may get more use :p

12. Black Market

Black Market IncGamers Member

Any "support diabloii.net" bumper sticker i could order for my car ?

I would look so l33t !

13. jag

jag IncGamers Member

LOL tell people that dii.net forums has inside info on when reset is coming. :fortuneteller:

Mods will be stamping out threads like their own shoes where on fire.:neener:

14. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

Just so you know, this site is present on Wikipedia when you search for Diablo II...

But who really checks Diablo II on Wikipedia? Am I alone? :grin:

15. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

I am amazed by the amount of "superior than thou" attitude here.

This site is about the Game, not your personal social site. The more the merrier I say! makes me feel good to realize that there ae still people who are enjoying D2 for the first time.

Todays noobs deserve all te same help and resources that we all had when we first played and discovered D2.net.

Besides, if you all know so damn much about this game then why are you still trolling the forums?

16. jag

jag IncGamers Member

Have you ever tried to read the battlenet forums? Its a spamfest.

The mods here have set up rules they enforce regularly to make this a decent place for all to hang out. Its not about a 'holier than thou' attitude here, but its basically idiot free allowing us to enjoy conversation and meet people. When we do get a fool here, they weed themselves out fairly quick.

I know i could post here needing to mule some very high end items, get a response from someone with a decent post count/reputation, start muling my stuff with that person parked in the game, get realm down and have that person pm me saying he has my stuff in his stash and to let me know when he can get it back to me. Try doing that on bnet.

This forum to me is about alot more than just the game. It has been a great experience meeting decent people who also happen to have a d2 addiction problem LOL. I worry that this forum is enabling my addiction though...

17. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

New players are more than welcome here. What I'd rather not have are players that are rude, flamish, etc. (ie. many of the people you encounter in B.Net public games). No one here is trying to project superiority over anyone; it's just that D2.Net prides itself in being a relatively "nice" community compared to the general B.Net population and B.Net forums, and I for one, would like it to stay that way.

18. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

There is some "superior than thou" sentiment going on- but not the type you're talking about. We are superior in the sense that we wanted to learn more about the game enough that we found this place. We are superior in the sense that we hold ourselves to standards to conduct here and have respect for this place. Who does that make us superior over? The people on bnet who create the horror stories we never go a day without seeing in someone's thread. The people who who form the cesspool that is scammers, map hackers, dupers, and bnet jerks in general. To all who do not fit that description, I don't consider myself superior over them in any way. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but this is not a forum where high post counts and old join dates are given "vet" status and like to lord it over the new posters. We welcome new posters that want to contribute something to our community. If you meet someone in game who is nice and genuinely seeking info, by all means send them here. I know I have. What I was speaking out against is randomly broadcasting the name to any old bnet jerk.

This is a social site. Not mine or anyone else's (besides Elly and company anyways), but a social site all the same. We come here to interact with each other, build community, and socialize. We have a right to be protective of the community we have built. I happen to be a PAL, which means that in some small way I help pay to keep this site running. Pardon me if that gives me a vested interest in its well being. So no, not always the more the merrier. Only merrier when they are good people. The bad people can stay far away.

Well, I don't even play the game much anymore. I'm still here because I like to answer questions and help people out. Oh yea, and because I've made friends here. Most of the people on these forums who know the most about the game don't even play it anymore. You obviously have never even seen the OTF...

PS- trolling was a bad word choice.

19. plasmo

plasmo IncGamers Member

Anytime I get into an argument in a game, I just say, "Check diabloii.net." Same thing for people who keep asking how they should build their character. Much easier than typing for 10 minutes when I should be playing instead.

20. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I have diabloii.net mentioned in my profile, as if anyone ever sits in chat and looks at my profile