Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

is Inferno Sorc viable???

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by CaffeinetedPete, Mar 24, 2004.

1. CaffeinetedPete

CaffeinetedPete IncGamers Member

is Inferno Sorc viable???

hey all, just wondering if an inferno sorceress is a viable build for hcl, i haven't tried yet (grounded ;_; ) but when i get back on i'd like to start one

the build goes something like this

20 warmth
    20 inferno
    20 fire mastery
    20 energy shield
    lots of telekinesis

no idea on equipment, any input would be greatly appreciated

2. Aegon

Aegon IncGamers Member

Sorry that I can't give you a decent answer, but it sure looks like it could be fun.

HOWEVER, I wouldn't put more than one point into Warmth, as it won't help you all that much with the mana problems you're sure to have; With one point and some decent + skills, you'll get to the point where it's useful, but still have points to spend on other skills.

I would warn you off of Energy Shield in the strongest possible way. Maxed Inferno will drain your blue juice quickly enough, there's no sense in draining it in other ways. In addition, since your resists aren't factored in when Elemental damage is taken with Energy Shield, you'll find yourself in the uncomfortable position of being both Hardcore and Manaless in the most inopportune situations.

By the way, how are you planning on dealing with the Carvers in Hell? Or even Hell in general, what with how many things have fire immunity?

I think as long as you find a decent sub-skill to deal with Fire immunes, you could have a fun build. Enjoy it, and be sure to post on how successful you are. :thumbsup:

3. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

I would advise against an Energy Shield sorc for HC for the simple fact that sometime, somewhere, some Mana Burner is going to get to you. To effectively play an Energy Shield sorc, you'll need to invest all stat points that you can spare in Energy, leaving you with little life (365 and 420 for my two ES sorcs...note that after a mana burn, most anything in hell will 1-hit kill you). Also, ES needs max TK in builds like this.
    On another note, Inferno does combine well with an Energy Shield sorc...Warmth boosts your mana regeneration while it's a solid synergy for Inferno. The mana drain of Inferno is laughable for an Energy Shield sorc btw, your regen per second is probably a few factors higher than it's mana cost per second.

4. abaddon

abaddon IncGamers Member

Looks fun but about your skills - max telekinesis and put "lots in" eshield - telekinesis reduces the mana drained from the eshield

5. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Inferno is currently bugged. It does only 28% of listed dmg. It's a programming error in the synergies.txt value thats set too low. Sorry to burst your bubble. I ws going to do this also :(

6. prion

prion IncGamers Member

where do you get this information? I heard the same thing about arctic blast. Nobody stopped me when I started with my inferno sorc. Do I have to have a hack program to view this information?

Does the LCS display the damage you are actually doing?

7. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Arctic blast, Inferno, and wake of inferno share the same bug. The info was sorted out through the program files at theamazonbasin.com. Go to technical forum and search for "Inferno Bug" All questions will answered. Empherically speaking, when a 1k inferno blast takes 3 seconds to kill a single monster in players one mode, something is amiss.

8. prion

prion IncGamers Member

!
    someone let me know when this is fixed, afk selling my items

fyi.
    LCS displays the damage you should be doing, but apparently not what comes out

9. kiljoy001

kiljoy001 IncGamers Member

...I have a lvl 75 infero sorc. SO THAT WHAT'S GOING ON!
    ... I do a godly 4.5k per a sec and I can't kill anything. :rant: I got all her godly crap... hope this gets fixed.

10. CaffeinetedPete

CaffeinetedPete IncGamers Member

that makes things easy

blehh on bugs... blehh i say!

oh well... i was stuck between making this or a blade fury assasin, but i guess that makes the decision easy, now doesn't it? ^_^

thanks for the input all

11. The Mad Monk

The Mad Monk IncGamers Member

Dammit! So why don't they fix this?

If they could do that gold bug fix in less than two weeks, and this bug is already identified, they could deal with it tomorrow, if not soner!

12. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

well, idr the gold bug, but it sounds like something dealing with gold, and getting lots of it. that is important to the economy of the game(slightly). the inferno thing is only crippling 3 skills out of 210, so its not a big deal. also: the game is on its last leg. this will most likely be its last patch. blizzard is more worried about WoW and SC:ghost and WC3, because those games still will make them a lot of money, as opposed to D2 that on the whole won't make much more money.

that aside, i hope they fix it, i loved inferno in 09.

13. Jacknife

Jacknife IncGamers Member

Gold bug had major potential for abuse if done with a gambling bot. As Mathil pointed out, inferno bug only cripples 3 skills out of 210 so no big deal. Yeah, I am upset that my inferno sorc was never going to be strong but hey, that just made me decide to go try blaze sorc, melee enchantress, ranged enchantress, etc.

14. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

I had an inferno sorc this patch and it seemed fine to me. Not godly, but fun when your inferno reaches across two screens.

Edit: Crap, sorry about the resurrect, I forgot I was searching for topics about inferno.

15. thc-shadow

thc-shadow IncGamers Member

no i doesnt dont waste your time